Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday June 30th

The Good- I am having such a great time on vacation! I am doing a lot of things that I never even knew were in California! We are all tired, but it is so worth it. Being together is great and I'm glad we are all getting along.

The Bad- There's not a lot of spare time to workout. It's kind of a good thing that I missed a day before vacation started, because it would have been difficult to have tried to get in a run everyday while with the family. I'm not saying it would have been impossible, but definitely easier to just enjoy the vacation by relaxing.

The Positive- I am not upset with myself for not getting in my workouts. I am allowing myself to relax, while still staying excited about exercising when we get back home.

The Workout-

Thoughts for the Day- 
* Boysenberry preserves from the Apple Farm = a great way to start the morning. Buying a jar of boysenberry preserves = a great way to start every morning for awhile.

* Walking around Hearst Castle is amazing. Watching the movie about why he built the house makes the tour so much more interesting. Such amazing rooms and such amazing history. So glad I was able to come back here as an adult (I was 14ish the first time). I am able to appreciate it so much more now.

* I got emotional when we found the elephant seals. It makes me realize that I should have pursued being a marine biologist. My mom says it's never too late, so we'll see what happens in the future. For now it's not an option because both Patrick and I have to work full time. I could not believe the number if seals and the size. I cannot imagine that the beach gets filled through March and April.

* Driving on the 17 mile road to the lone cypress was amazing. It was great getting out at different scenic points to get out and take pictures. We saw seals and otters and it was beautiful the entire way.

No comments:

Post a Comment