Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday June 25th

The Good- Patrick and I made it to the gym for just over an hour tonight. My parents, who are awesome, watched Isabel so that Patrick and I could go together. It was a bit of an adjustment for me going from running outside only for the past month to working on a few different machines including the treadmill. Patrick hasn't exercised in months, so I was really impressed when he said he would go with me and so proud of him for actually working out while he was there.

The Bad- I had to buy a larger size for my shorts today. I was pretty proud of staying in size 12 jeans. I even made the decision to clean out my closet of all size 10 and 8 pants since I was getting frustrated with the fact that they don't fit. They are put away for the day that they do fit again. I needed shorts for vacation and went to try on size 12, what I assumed would fit since my pants fit well. Different brand = same size = upset Tracy in the fitting rooms. So I tried on size 14 shorts and they fit comfortably. Disappointing? Yes. Am I going to dwell on it? No. It's one of those things that it's just a number. No one else knows or cares. And I feel comfortable in them so that's what matters. Why would I want to be uncomfortable and self conscious while wearing them when I can look good and feel good?

The Positive- I made it to the gym today and have a really positive outlook about getting there for the next few days before our vacation as well as making a weekly plan to get there AT LEAST 2 days a week while continuing to workout daily.

The Workout- 1 mile run, .5 mile walk, .5 mile intervals, 5.15 mile bike, 1.39 mile elliptical, 100 squats

Thoughts for the Day
*I know I am wearing rose colored glasses and the newness will wear off eventually, but I love the gym and I am so glad that I made the spur of the moment choice to sign up yesterday. I know that this is an expense that will benefit me (and hopefully Patrick) in the long run.

*I hate watching Angel's baseball with Patrick. He is a very glass half empty person when it comes to his "team" and he has no problem cursing at them, making fun of them and getting mad at something he has absolutely no control over. Granted they are not playing to their full potential, but still! Be a fan and support them whether they win or lose. And stop saying that they're going to blow it when they are winning 14-5 in the 9th inning!

*I may have experienced a small panic attack today. I'm not proud of it, but it happened... I dropped Isabel off at a birthday party and it was the first time that I dropped her off and then left. It was more difficult than I anticipated. I drove away feeling like I was forgetting something and then had a moment where I panicked and had the following thought process "Today I'm dropping her off for a birthday party. Pretty soon she'll be starting kindergarten and then it's only a matter of time before her first sleep over. After that she'll be driving, graduating college and then she'll leave me!" Ummm.. She's 5. And she's in the phase where she only wants me. I better hold onto every moment possible before I start getting the "I hate you!" comments every real parent eventually gets. It's a right of passage to get that, but I'm so not ready for my baby to be so grown up.

*I hate doing laundry. Hate it! It was so much nicer when I had a cast on for the one and only reason that Patrick was doing all of the laundry and the tables were turned. Now it's on me and I just cannot get motivated to finish.

*I want to clean the entire apartment before leaving for vacation. That's not going to happen if I only clean half a room and then lay in bed for most of the day...

*I need to start packing. I hate packing. Even worse than packing? Unpacking.

*We bought Patrick's ticket tonight for his flight to San Francisco. I cannot begin to express how happy I am that I get to spend the 4th of July with him and that I won't have to spend 9 days without him. We're not glued at the hip or anything, but 5 days will be more than enough time apart.

*It is just after 8pm and I still need to complete my 100 squats for the day. Why did I wait all day to do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment