Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saturday June 15th

Before I went for my run this morning I stepped on the scale and peeked. I was doing so well staying off of the scale, but for some reason I just couldn't resist this morning. The results?

I was up 0.8 from last week.

And after eating sushi last night (which includes soy sauce) I have no doubt that the sodium is a culprit in the scales increase.

I've eaten well this week. I've exercised. I've lived my life. And I'm okay with that gain. Then again, that's not the final number for this week so there's still hope that I can bring it back down. It all depends on tomorrow...

You see, tomorrow is Father's Day and that means dinner with the family. There will be lots of food and I may need to use a few calories on the S'mores cupcakes I am making tomorrow. But in the grand scheme of things, this is just one week out of the year. And if I do gain this week then I gain. It's not the end of the world and it's not the end of my journey.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Because the number on the scale today does not mean a thing.

Today was a busy day. It started bright and early with my 3.24 mile run. Then I walked 1.14 miles to my sister's mother-in-laws house to be picked up by my mom to go the catch the train to the bee farm. When we got back we made our way to the park near our apartment to see the Spazmatics (an 80's cover band) at the free concert in the park.

It's been a long day and I'm exhausted... Enjoy some visuals from today.








 





 

 


 
 

Saturday June 15th:
Goal: 1540
Food: 1933
Exercise: -440
Net: 1493

Breakfast:
Whole wheat waffles, peanut butter, banana, coffee, creamer, splenda
Calories: 432


Lunch:
100 calorie pringles, payday
Calories: 340

Snack:
Honey mustard & onion pretzels
Calories: 140

Dinner:
Baja fresh- fish tacos, rice, beans, chips, queso, vodka soda
Calories: 1021

Exercise:
 2 mile intervals, 1 mile run, squats
Calories: -440

Positive: I made some decent choices for today considering there weren't many healthy options. I never felt too full or too hungry. I felt satisfied throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment