Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday June 26th

The Good- I made it to the gym for the second day in a row and made plans to go again tomorrow. I will get my money's worth, even if it is only $19 a month. I am thinking once training starts on August 31st I will make it to the gym 2 days a week for cross training purposes. One day to use the stationary bike and one day to use the elliptical.

The Bad- I had intentions to go to the gym for an hour and a half tonight. By the time I got there I already started talking myself out of going for the full time planned (30 minutes treadmill, 30 minutes bike, 30 minutes elliptical). Once there I decided on 20 minutes each machine for a total time of an hour. I started on the treadmill for a total time of 25 minutes including a 5 minute cool down. Then I got on the bike and decided it was too late to do the elliptical since I still needed to do my 100 squats. So I stayed on the bike for 25 minutes and went home. That's 50 minutes. Why doesn't it feel like I did enough?

The Positive- I decided on a "schedule" to incorporate the gym into my training program. It will change week to week depending on Patrick's work schedule, but at least I have a general idea of what I want to do.

The Workout- 
Treadmill- 1.58 miles, 
Bike- 5.27 miles, 100 squats

Thoughts for the Day

* I got a pedicure today and felt extremely self conscious about my runners feet. I apologized to the guy and I don't know why. I'm proud of my feet!
 
* I started packing tonight. I know I'm over packing, but I'd rather have too much than not enough.
* I like American Dad. Patrick and I watch it every week night at 10pm because it is so much better than the awfulness that is the 10 o'clock news. 
 
* I can't think of anything to say. I shouldn't wait until 10:30 at night to blog about the day and instead should make notes throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment