Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday June 10th

I didn't really have a plan today food-wise. I wanted to eat well because I have a tendency to go overboard on weigh-in day. But I also knew that I wouldn't be too upset if I did go over on calories.

The problem is, we're low on groceries. So a trip to the store is in order. When there are healthier foods in the house I am more likely to make the better choice. 

After splurging on snacks today I was ready to throw the day away and get chili cheese fries for dinner. Then Patrick suggested fish & chips, and although not the healthiest choice, it was a lot lower in calories. Unfortunately the place we went to wasn't very good so it wasn't worth it.

After tracking it I knew that I would be over on calories for the day by about 30 and I was just going to call it a day (that would be after my scheduled 3.1 mile workout). But while I was out on my run I decided to throw in an extra mile so that I could burn more calories and end the day in the positive.

On my way out the door I asked Patrick why I run, because I was having one of those days where I just didn't want to go. His answer was "because you love it." Well, yes, I do love it, but I realized that I love that feeling when you're done. Not just the endorphins, but the feeling of accomplishment. 

Yes there are people who run faster. Yes there are people who run farther. But there are also people who didn't go out and do anything today. And it doesn't help me to compare myself to either. 


Monday June 10th:
Goal: 1540
Food: 1878
Exercise: -411
Net: 1467

Breakfast:
Whole wheat waffles, peanut butter
Calories: 255


Snack:
Popcorn
Calories: 110

Lunch:
Baby back ribs
Calories: 468

Snack:
Doritos small bag, 1/2 Hershey's bar
Calories: 255

Dinner:
 Fish & Chips
Calories: 790

Exercise:
1 mile intervals, 1 mile run, 1.5 mile walk, .5 mile intervals, squats, arms
Calories: -411

Positive: I stuck with my scheduled workout and even added distance to my run/walk.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment