Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday June 7th

Today was different then the last four days. Different for the one simple fact that I went over on my calorie goal. Over by 518 calories to be exact. I have successfully had four days of eating under my calorie goal without feeling hungry or deprived.

Today I felt hungry. Today I felt deprived. So I fed my body.

I do not feel upset about the calories that I ate. Yes, I could have done better. Yes, I could have made better choices. Yes, I could have eaten less. But I also could have done worse. Much, much worse. I feel like I was in control when I ate. It was not a binge feeling, it was simply feeding myself because I was hungry.

I am really proud of myself for not going to the complete dark side about this. I tend to go all or nothing with emotions as well and I am learning to be more accepting of who I am and what I do on a day to day basis. And I can definitely tell a difference in my behavior towards food. Well, my behavior in general. Our therapist last night asked me if I was on medication because of the change in emotions. (For the record, I am not on medication. I just genuinely feel happy).

You see, I do not feel like I am obsessing over the number of calories I eat. I am not obsessing about needing to run and/or walk in order to make up for the calories I already ate. I am not saying no to certain foods because I don't have the calories for the day. I am living my life, tracking my food (victory in and of itself), and I am feeling good about it.

The scale is going to do whatever it wants on Monday. I plan on tracking all weekend, continuing my running streak and starting up a new challenge that I will be starting tomorrow (and I'll be writing about it tomorrow as well, so stay tuned!). I know that I am making positive changes and my body and the scale will catch up when they are ready.

Friday June 7th:
Goal: 1540
Food: 2276
Exercise: -218
Net: 2058


Breakfast:
Special K fruit & yogurt cereal, 1 cup soy milk
Calories: 220
 
Snack:
Swedish fish, Trenta green iced tea
Calories: 150
 
Lunch:
Cheeseburger, pasta salad, watermelon
Calories: 681

Snack:
Celery, 2 Tbsp peanut butter
Calories: 200

Early Dinner:
Baby back ribs
Calories: 585

Dinner:
2 slices Round Table garlic chicken pizza
Calories: 440

Exercise:
1 mile run, 1 mile walk
Calories: -218

Positive: I am not allowing myself to get upset about the amount of calories I ate today, which shows tremendous progress. I am not allowing myself to think about the scale until I am ready to weigh in on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment