Friday, June 7, 2013

My Motivation Wall

This past weekend was very productive in regards to cleaning the apartment. Patrick and I strive to keep a clean apartment, but sometimes life gets in the way. Life, and a 5 year old.

We decided that it was about time we made our apartment a home. Even though we've lived here for almost a year, and although it's not our forever home, it was about time we put in the effort to make it more homey. 

We decided that we are going to stay in this apartment until we buy a house. It may be smaller than we'd like, but it's what we can afford and we are hoping that once we get out of debt we can focus our energy (and money) into our house savings fund.

We did our normal cleaning an picking up, but we also moved a few frames around and finally put up a few pieces o art that have been sitting out waiting to be placed somewhere. We also got rid of our pile of donations that had been sitting in our living room.

While in this cleaning mood I also decided to make my motivation wall. We had two empty bulletin boards and I couldn't think of any other use for them, so for now they are my motivation. 

I briefly mentioned making them on Saturday. I decided to dedicate one board to my running bibs and medals. It got a little crowded when I put all of my racing bibs up, so I took down my 5 and 10K bibs and put up my half and full marathon ones only. I cannot believe that I have completed 7 half marathons and 3 full marathons.. This boggles my mind.



My other bulletin board is solely motivational quotes with a few pictures to remind me where I've been. These include a picture from my first race ever as well as crossing the finish lines of my first half and my first full marathon. The quotes I used were from my runner's daily calendar and from running magazines. I still have a few quotes from pinterest that I would like to write out and hang, but for now these are a few of my favorites:

"I realized today is the day I write my own story."

"It's your run, make it count."

"Find your strong."

"If you can run, you can run harder. If you can train, you can train harder."

"Don't expect every day to be better than the last. Some days will be slower than others, and some days may hurt a bit. But as long as you're on the road, it's a good day."

"Don't listen to negative influences. Believe in yourself, and show others what you can do. Only you can find your potential." -Marla Runyan

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret to getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one." -Mark Twain

"There is no failure in running, or in life, as long as you keep running." -Amby Burfoot

"I run because I like to push myself- and my body- to the limit. I love the idea of setting goals and climbing the ladder to achieve them. Once I reach a goal, I feel like I am on top of the world."

"Where's your run happy place?"



As I mentioned, pinterest has been a nice convenient place to find motivation as well, the following are just a few of the motivational quotes I have found that will be useful to me on my journey:











I placed the bulletin board stragically in a place that I know I will see it every day. I may not spend time every single day looking at it, but I will see it and I will know that there is a place that is mine that I can go to and get from it what I need. It's a good feeling to know that it' there.

No comments:

Post a Comment