Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thursday June 20th

I started today the same way I have for about a week, by pressing snooze and having an internal debate about whether or not I should get up and go for my run. And like every morning for about a week I ended up getting up and going.

My calf was cramping up a lot today so I took it nice and easy and didn't worry about how long it would take me. Funny thing is, my interval mile was under 14 minutes. 

Today also marks the 25th day in a row that I have gone out and run. Such a difference in myself. Maybe not as much physically as I'd like, but more so mentally. 

Isabel and I joined my parents at the weekly farmer's market. We still haven't bought any fresh fruits or veggies, but we are greatly enjoying our plants on the patio. It makes it such a nice place to sit in the morning with a cup of coffee or in the evenings with a book.


Tonight we celebrated my sister's mother-in-laws birthday, enjoying sushi for dinner. We are a very lucky family.. My sister and I not only picked wonderful men to marry, but their families are wonderful as well. Not many people like to spend time with their in-laws, but we do and often times we all get together for special occasions. 

I tried out a new skirt tonight. I of course didn't think it looked very good (making my rear side look bigger than it is) but I flaunted it and am using the classic saying " fake it til you make it!" 

Dinner was amazing. If for nothing other than the fact that I LOVE SUSHI! But there were many other reasons to having such a wonderful dinner with such amazing people.
 

The most amazing of them being my mom, who went with me to get my tattoo tonight. I decided to get it now so that there will be enough time between now and when I decide on a surrogate agency. I really do want to be in a healthy weight range before I commit to this and I know that being in a healthy weight range is still another 20 pounds away. If I'm going to do it the healthy weight, then it's going to take awhile.
 
So I chose to do this for me. To celebrate my past running accomplishments and my future running goals. Running is such a huge part of my life and will forever be a time that I want to remember. I am finally allowing myself to be proud of what I have done. And it is to forever be a part of who I am.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

My menu sucked today. Like really sucked, even though I had 59 calories left over for the day. I got bored and when I get bored I eat. And so I ate, and ate and ate. I hope I learn better eating habits one day.
 

Thursday June 20th:
Goal: 1540
Food: 2278
Exercise: -797
Net: 1481

Breakfast:
Flips Greek yogurt

Calories: 160

Lunch:
Frozen pizza
Calories: 388

Snack:
Dreyer's fruit bar, triscuit, cookies, kettle corn, captain crunch, gushers
Calories: 1230

Dinner:
Sushi- rainbow roll, eel sushi
Calories: 500

Exercise:
1 mile intervals, 1 mile run, 1 mile walk, 75 squats, arm workout x2, ab workout x2
Calories: -797

Positive: I am taking pride in my running accomplishments instead of passing them off like they are nothing. I'm not going to walk around telling everyone, but it's about time I actually realize that I have done something that's pretty cool and something that not a lot of people have done.
 

2 comments:

  1. Tracy, where do I begin? First, you go girl! You look beautiful in the skirt, I love your tattoo, but most of all I love the tone of this post. You are an accomplished person and I am so happy to see you acknowledge how awesome you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linds! I can tell a big difference in myself, especially since I've started running again. I just feel happier. I'm glad it's coming across :)

      Delete