Friday, June 28, 2013

Upcoming Races

With my 2014 Running goal decided I have begun the financially draining task of signing up for races. Although affordable, it still is a hit to the bank account.

I have only been able to find races up through April as of right now, but I am going to be checking often for more races for next year so I can continue to fill my running calendar.

December 8th- Santa to the Sea half marathon
January 5th- Camarillo half marathon 
February 23rd- Seaside half marathon
March 9th- LA Marathon (registration is not open yet)
April 5th- Hollywood Half half marathon
May ?- 
June ?- Mammoth Lakes half marathon (registration not open yet)
July ?- 
August ?- Arroyo Creek half marathon (registration not open yet)
September ?- 
October ?- 
November ?- 
December ?- Santa to the Sea half marathon (registration not open yet)

It's going to be an exciting and busy running year. I know that I will be able to make it though. I just have to stick to my training schedule (sometimes easier said than done). I have to keep a positive attitude and make sure I have the right support to keep me going. I know that from past experience I have a wonderful support system.

What's even better about these races is that Rachel and I are going to be running together again. Our relationship is a pretty normal one for sisters. We get along pretty well, but we're not extremely close. Since we started running together our relationship has improved drastically and I was really enjoying our weekly running dates. It's been a while since we've been on a run together, so starting to train for Santa to the Sea and LA will hopefully mean our relationship will continue to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment