Monday, June 10, 2013

Weigh In & 7 Positives

Last weeks weight: 184.4
This weeks weight: 182.0

 
+/-: -2.4
Total +/-: -2.4
Thoughts: I'm really happy to see the scale show progress. My efforts this week were noticeable off of the scale and I know sometimes it takes awhile for the scale to catch up. I'm planning on upping my workouts this coming week, so I need to keep that in mind on my next weigh in day. But for now I'm not going to worry about next week. I'm going to focus on today and all the things I can do to improve myself today.
 
I decided to work on my self appreciation by writing one positive about myself a day. It makes me think of the good things at the end of each day and then I can see the list at the end of the week to boost my self-esteem.
 
I chose to list them with my weigh in because I know that there will be times that the weigh-in does not go the way I had hoped. I would like to say honestly that the number won't affect me, but it does, so listing my positives will make me focus on that instead of what the scale says. 
 
Positives:
1. I tracked everything all day and stayed within my calorie goal.
2. I really did not want to run the whole mile tonight, but I didn't allow myself to stop. I just kept going. I also was tempted to cut my workout short by just heading home, but I kept walking to get over 3 miles in for the day.
3. I stayed in control at Isabel's graduation party. There were so many delicious foods there and I allowed myself to splurge just a little without going crazy.
4. I cleaned the entire apartment today and the place looks amazing. It is so nice to finally have our small apartment feel like home.
5. I am not allowing myself to get upset about the amount of calories I ate today, which shows tremendous progress. I am not allowing myself to think about the scale until I am ready to weigh in on Monday.
6. I didn't worry about food today. I made myself a small plate and gave it a calorie total and called it a day. I ate late enough that I didn't need to eat dinner and I ate enough that I didn't feel deprived or too full.
7. I have made it two weeks on the running streak and am beginning to think about running more than 1 mile straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment