Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday June 12th

I've been able to get in my arm workout and complete my squats in the morning, but I've been consistently waiting to run until the evenings. Not waiting, but putting it off. 

I don't want to wake up early to run.. Or Patrick has to open so I can't go in the morning.. Or it's too hot.. Or I just ate.. Or.. 101 other excuses. 

So I go at night and so far it hasn't been too bad. The only issue with waiting that long is that the excuses start up pretty early and it's difficult for me to take that first step out the door.

So last night I made the decision to run in the morning since I have plans tonight...

I set my alarm and got up at 7:30. I put on my running shoes and I went for my run. 3.10 miles done. A 5K finished before 8:30. Not my best time, not my best run. But I did it. I did it and I didn't have to worry about it all day. 

That is a great feeling and may be incentive enough to do it again tomorrow. We'll see...
 
In other running news, I made my way over to the used book store across the street from our apartment. It's a $5 or less bookstore and I absolutely love it. I was lucky enough to make it over there before dinner with no children so I was able to actually look for books in the adult section of the store without complaint from a 5 year old.
 
I normally look at the health section for books on running, as this is where other exercise type books are located. I rarely find what I'm looking for though. Tonight I made my way over to the sports section and low and behold there was a section specifically for running. Yes, sometimes I lack common sense...
 
I have a small collection of running books, only one of which I have read. But I am hoping to add to my running book collection and I am hoping to start reading them to build up my education on the sport as well as learn some hints and tips. Tonight I was lucky and found four books that caught my eye, all for $17:
 
- Running on Faith by Jason Lester
- The Complete Book of Running by James F Fixx
 
So far my favorite author of running books is Dean Karnazes, however I have yet to find any of his books at the used store and I'm not ready to pay full price. This may be a good item to add to my growing Christmas wish list... I have downloaded a few of his books on my Nook (including my favorites 50/50 and Run! 26.2 Stories of Blisters and Bliss) but there is just something about holding a book that I love. And I am hoping to one day have book shelves filled with books.
 
Wednesday June 12th:
Goal: 1540
Food: 1717
Exercise: -310
Net: 1407

Breakfast:
Whole wheat waffles, peanut butter, coffee, creamer, splenda
Calories: 327


Lunch:
Chicken tortilla soup
Calories: 360

Snack:
Apple, candy
Calories: 480

Dinner:
Chips & salsa, grilled shrimp dinner
Calories: 550

Dessert:
Soy milk
Calories: 60

Exercise:
1 mile intervals, 1 mile run, 1 mile walk, squats, arm workout
Calories: -310

Positive: I am loving how my legs are looking. My calves and shins are getting some definition and I love seeing my hard work pay off.
 

2 comments:

  1. Working out in the morning is fantastic! Once you do it a few times, it becomes a habit. I'm out of the house every day at 415 to hit the gym before work, and it's a PITA, but I'm SOOO excited when 4pm rolls around & I can go home!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely hoping to start working out in the morning more often. It's just not happening yet. My body does not seem to want to get out of bed no matter how much I beg it to, lol!

      Delete