Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Vacation!!

We are leaving for vacation on Friday!

As of right now my parents, my sister and her family and Isabel and I are going. Patrick may not be able to join us...

You see, he just found out that he has been promoted from assistant store manager to store manager, putting him in a new position at his old store two days before we leave. This puts him in a weird spot. His district manager told him that it is his choice whether he goes on vacation or not, but that when he was promoted to his position he had to miss out on family things, even the ones that he had already paid for.

So that's his dilemma that we are going to discuss to find the best solution that will make the most people happy. I know that my family won't be mad at him necessarily (even if certain things have already been paid for), but we will be disappointed that he won't be there with us.

I know it will all work out the way it's supposed to and I intend to have fun whether he's there or not, but of course it will be so much better if he was there.

We've been planning this trip for a while. My dad retired this year and about a year or so ago he told us that when he retired he would take the family on a trip anywhere in the world. My mom doesn't fly, Isabel can't go out of the country and my brother-in-law gets sea sick. This limited our choices.

But it didn't take too long for us to figure out that even though we live in California it made sense to see the beauty of the state. And so we are.

We are making our way through Santa Barbara, Solvang, Pismo Beach, San Luis Obispo and Monterey Bay making our way to our main destination of San Franscisco. We'll spend our last night in Sacramento and then head home. A 9 day trip filled with so many activities including the beach, Bubblegum Alley, Friends of the Elephant Seals, Hearst Castle, Monterey Bay Aquarium, train ride through the Redwood trees, Lombard St, The Painted Ladies, bike ride across the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, Jelly Belly Factory, State Capitol tour and the Sacramento zoo.

Some plans may change, but for the most part it is going to be one fun filled and busy vacation. I absolutely cannot wait! My sister is such a wonderful planner and made such a great schedule filled with something for everyone. Be ready for a lot of pictures when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment