Saturday, June 1, 2013

Saturday June 1st

I cannot believe another month is over. This year is just flying by!

May was a good month that brought my niece's 9th birthday and Patrick's and my 4 year anniversary. I didn't really make the most out of the month like I could have, but there's no use thinking about the coulda, shoulda, woulda. Instead I turn to the month of June with high hopes. June is going to be my month!

This month starts with my mom's birthday celebration tomorrow. My parent's will also be celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary in the middle of the month. And at the end of the month the family will be heading on a family vacation up the coast of California to San Francisco for the 4th of July.

But before I go into what I hope to accomplish in June, let's take a look at what happened today.

I continued my streak tonight, running a mile for the 6th night in a row. I planned on running 5 miles today, but that was before I knew what Patrick's schedule was. He had to open this morning so my only option was to run this afternoon when he got home (when it was in the high 80's) or later in the evening (pushing back dinner, again...)

So I pushed my 5 mile run a day and will complete it tomorrow morning bright and early while it's still cool. I'm thinking I'll run intervals for 3 miles to let my legs warm up, run a mile straight and then run a mile using intervals for the last mile to cool down. My legs have been feeling a little tight, what with running a mile straight every day, so I think three miles will be a good amount to get my legs going.

Today was a very successful day in home décor. I found a dresser a few weeks ago at a thrift store. The drawers inside were broken and the price tag was $40. It was just a little too much for me to pay for something that I'd have to put more money into to fix. I couldn't be happier with my decision to not buy that piece of furniture, especially today.

Today I found a dresser sitting in front of the dumpster at our apartment complex. So I got Patrick and our neighbor and they carried it upstairs for me. It's missing a few drawers, but that's not an issue (especially with Pinterest and all the ideas I can get off of there..)


Finding the dresser.

The dresser has found a new home.
The left side has games, covered by frames and the right side has puzzles, covered by frames. Not sure what we're putting in the middle yet, but we'll think of something.


Then tonight, after having such a kick of motivation to work on decorating our apartment I decided it was time to fill my two bulletin boards so that Patrick can hang them (as well as a few other things tomorrow). One will go in the dining room above the new dresser (which will be pushed over to be centered), and the other will go in our bathroom as my motivation wall. I don't have much space in our bedroom to put the bulletin board and I want it to be someplace that I will see it every day.

My racing bibs and metals. They're kind of overlaying one another, so it's difficult to see them all.


My motivation wall. Most of it is running quotes, photos and inspirations.
And now for the month ahead of me...

I don't want to keep making weekly goals, so I will make a few monthly goals.

1. End the month lighter than my weigh in on Monday.
2. Continue my running streak.
3. Find and maintain healthy eating habits.
4. Continue to read Love Your Body, Love Your Life.
5. Continue to find one positive/day.

I feel like I'm getting really close to being where I need to be to make this lifestyle change. I am getting to the point where it's not something I desperately want for the wrong reasons. It's something I want because I deserve to be healthy, I deserve to be physically fit, I deserve to love my body and I deserve to reach my goals- both with weight loss and exercise.

I plan on signing up for My Fitness Pal either tomorrow or Monday. Although tracking what I am eating on a day to day basis has been helpful, I am still eating whatever I want, just with the added task of writing it down, So I will now be tracking calories as a way to reign in my out of control eating.

I feel good today. Happy. Possibly because of my awesome find that makes our small apartment feel just a little bit more like a home. Maybe because running a mile is getting a little easier. Or it could be that things are just aligning themselves up nicely because I'm getting into a place that's more positive all around.

Whatever the reasons, I'm enjoying this feeling and I hope it sticks around for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment