Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday June 3rd

Day one of My Fitness Pal is done and I would call it a success. I ate within my calorie goal, earned extra calories by walking 2 miles and running 1 and I was more conscious about what I was eating.

Often times when tracking points or calories I will continue to eat what I want while staying within those suggested numbers. Although this works for a while because I am cutting down on portions, it does not work for long because my food choices are still unhealthy.

So this time around I am making more of an effort in picking healthier choices. More fruits and veggies, less packaged foods. Less candy and sweets, more dairy. Less soda, more water. You get the idea.

I cannot begin to express just how much I want to make this change. Although I'm learning to love the body I'm in, I don't want to keep this body the way it is. My body has not reached its full potential, and it won't until I make the necessary changes. And that's what I'm trying to do.

My eating is obviously not going to change completely over night, and I'm not putting my pressure on myself to do that. I can only hope that these changes I am making will stick.

I signed up this morning, putting in my new starting weight of 184.4 which calculated my daily calorie goal to be 1,540. My Fitness Pal encourages you to eat the calories that you burn as well to bring your daily net calories as close to your daily goal as possible.

Monday June 3rd:
Goal: 1540
Food: 1793
Exercise: -307
Net: 1486

Breakfast:
Whole wheat English muffin, 1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter, 1 Tbsp honey
Calories: 255

Snack:
Apple
Calories: 80

Lunch:
Brent's Deli Grilled Chicken, Pita and Hummus, Veggies
Calories: 547

Snack:
Apple, Dreyers Fruit Bar
Calories: 150

Dinner:
Homemade chicken tacos
Calories: 614

Dessert:
6 Hershey kisses
Calories: 147 

Exercise:
1 mile walk, 1 mile run, 1 mile walk
Calories: -307

Positive: I tracked everything all day and stayed within my calorie goal.

I would say I made a good start and I think that will help me in the next few days if (when) things get to be more difficult. It's kind of like with this running streak. I've had a few days where I really didn't want to go and/or didn't want to run the full mile straight but I felt like if I could do it that first day then I could continue the streak and continue to run the full mile straight. I think that's how I need to look at this.

Obviously some days are going to be easier then others and there will be days that I go over my calorie goal for a variety of reasons, but if I'm conscious about what I'm eating and if I track everything every day then I really can't fail no matter what the scale says.

In other news, I received a phone call today from the surrogacy agency that I'm going through. They received my application and want to proceed. I have a lot of paperwork to fill out, doctors to call to get records and a background check to pass, but as of now the ball is rolling. Once everything is filled out and the background check is done it's only a matter of time. The paperwork I have to fill out will help potential parents decide if I'm a right fit for them. I can't believe it's all happening all ready and I'm really excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment