Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday June 28th

The Good- Vacation started today! Woo hoo! I am so excited to be out of the apartment and doing something. I've spent the majority of the last few months in the apartment in bed eating. Being on medical leave ended up putting me in a really bad place, so being on vacation is helping me get out of that place before going back to work.

The Bad- I went to Solvang last year for my bachelorette party. We went wine tasting and ended up finding a wonderful sparkling moscato that was delicious. It's $20 a bottle, but worth it. I've wanted another bottle but couldn't justify having it shipped, so I was looking forward to going back. I got a bottle, but I don't have a bottle opener with me so I can't enjoy a glass now. I must wait until I get home..

The Positive- I went to the pool tonight with the kids. I felt uncomfortable, and waited to take off my cover up until everyone else left. The more I do it the more comfortable I get.

The Workout- 55 squats

Thoughts for the Day- 
* Sitting in the sun all during lunch will result in a sunburn on day one of your vacation that hurts like a bitch. It is not a good idea to get burnt the day before you plan on going to the beach. 


That white is not a shirt under the towel.. That's how my skin should look. Aloe vera, you are my new best friend!

* Getting fish and chips at Longboards is a much better food experience than eating it at a place called Mr Fish & Chips. Reminder- 5 star ratings online cannot be trusted.

* Wine tasting is a wonderful thing. If you are ever in Solvang I highly suggest you visit Sevtap. Delicious wine, chalk board walls and an owner with the most dry and amazing sense of humor. Add good music and I'm there!

* I wish Isabel felt comfortable in the water. She panics when she's in and refuses to let go of someone. I know one day it will all just click and she'll get it, but it's difficult and frustrating right now.

* My mom is having the girls write in a journal every night while on vacation. I may keep that going when we get back home. Isabel read me her entry for today and it is so cute! She wrote about how she fed an ostrich and how I got a sunburn.

* I have taken a lot of pictures already and can't wait to take more! I love taking close ups, especially of animals or random things. I will be uploading some here when I get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment