Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday June 29th

The Good- I went to the beach and actually spent part of the time in my bikini (meaning no shorts!). I was uncomfortable at first but like my sister said "when are you ever going to see these people again?" And it's true. Not only should I not care what these people think, but I can probably guarantee that not one of them were even concerned about me, my body or the fact that I was in a bikini. There were a lot of people at the beach today which means there were a variety of body types. The most important thing I have to remember is that if I have confidence then it doesn't matter what I wear, I'm going to rock it!

The Bad- There is a gym at our hotel tonight. Open 24 hours and complimentary. I made plans for my mom to watch Isabel for an hour so that I could go on the treadmill and elliptical. We got back from dinner and walking around just after 8pm. I did not make it to the gym. Instead I stopped at the lounge for a drink (or two) with my sister and brother in law. Whoops! Guess I should stop thinking I'll actually complete a workout that I scheduled while on vacation.. 



The Positive- Seeing a picture of myself in a bikini is both good and bad. It let me see that my body is not as bad as I thought, but also is motivation to keep working at it when we get back home.

The Workout-

Thoughts for the Day- 
* I ate a bug today. On purpose.. We were in Pismo beach and they were selling worms and crickets at a candy store. So we seized the day and my mom, sister and I each ate a worm. I chickened out at first, but ended up eating one. I can now cross that off of my bucket list (after I add it)..






* I get frustrated being in the car and not being able to take pictures out the window. I have seen about 342,971 great photo op's just from driving place to place and yet I can't stop to actually take the picture. There are worse things in life, but it is irritating!

* An 18 ounce steak from Jocko's is huge and way too much for one person to eat. I couldn't even make it half way! Props to my dad, sister and brother in law for finishing the whole thing (including salad, baked potato with the fixin's and garlic bread).



* Bubblegum Alley is both fascinating and disgusting. The amount of gum on the walls is amazing and I am a little excited to be a part of it.




* A $5 sea breeze is not half bad. It's been awhile since I've had an alcoholic beverage that was not wine. It may not be my favorite, but I'm not turning it down drinks with my sister and bro in law.

No comments:

Post a Comment