Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday June 24th

Since I am not tracking right now I have decided to try something different for my daily updates... Bare with me.

The Good- Patrick has officially been promoted from assistant manager to store manager. He has such an amazing work ethic that it was only a matter of time before he got the promotion that he so deserved. Thankfully the offer was more than he was anticipating and will definitely help us in the long run. Interestingly enough, I spoke with my manager this morning and she told me that she is getting the paperwork together with HR to offer me a promotion when I get back from my time off. Such great news for us financially!

The Bad- I ate fast food twice today. It was for silly reasons and shouldn't have happened. It was out of convenience and laziness and I feel like there is a brick sitting in my stomach. I should not have let this happen and am embarrassed to have been so weak twice in one day.

The Positive- I didn't want to go for my workout tonight, but ended up starting out small by walking across the street to sign up for a gym and go to the used book store with Isabel. Then after Patrick got home I went for my one mile run. Didn't get in everything planned, but considering I didn't want to do anything I think it was good to do what I did.

The Workout- 1 mile walk, 1 mile intervals, 1 mile run, 95 squats

Thoughts for the Day
*Patrick and I need to make a pro/con list about him going on our family vacation. Taking 9 days off of work right after starting at a new store is not ideal and the decision is up to him.
*Patrick and I also need to make adjustments to our budget on mint.com. Now that we are both going to be making more money we need to figure out what we can afford to put towards the rest of Patrick's debt and what we can put towards our savings accounts.
*We have a lot of savings accounts. Like a lot of them. But they all serve their purpose and it helps to see what we have in each account. Plus I like that we can "nickname" the accounts so we know what's going where and when.
*I joined a gym today. It's less than a mile from our apartment, so I will most likely walk across the street to go for my cross training (or strength training once I get comfortable using the weight lifting machines). Then again since they open at 4:30am I may end up going before work. That way I can just leave from the gym and not worry about being out running on the streets when it's still dark in the mornings. I'm excited to start incorporating other cardio as well.
*I need to start packing. Which means I need to make a list of things I need to pack. Which means I need to use the Google in order to find the best list to use to pack for our vacation.
*I'm tired, but can't seem to sleep at night. I have been waking up early to go for my run and working out and I just can't fall asleep. Very frustrating.
*Was watching Family Feud with Patrick and they asked "Name someone you wouldn't want to see at a nudest colony". There were the normal answers "Boss/Coworker" and "Parents/In-Laws". The missing answer neither family got? Fatties... I am shocked and appalled and still picking my jaw up off of the floor. Wow. Just.. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment