Sunday, June 23, 2013

Weekend Update

I didn't post last night for a few reasons. I didn't get to bed until pretty late and just did not have the physical energy to get out of bed to get the computer and I didn't have the mental energy to think about something to say.

I have found myself eating more, not tracking and not caring. That's not a good place to be mentally. I know myself and I know that I'm falling off of the wagon. 

Putting forth effort to make changes to your body takes a lot. Mentally, emotionally, physically, financially.. It takes dedication and it is exhausting. When those efforts don't show any progress then it can be very easy to just walk away and quit.   

I don't want to quit. I don't want to give up. I know that I am making positive changes whether I can measure the progress or not, but it's getting over the mental part that is messing me up and I can't seem to get past that.

We are leaving for vacation next Friday. Vacations for my family includes a lot of eating, and this trip we have decided to try to avoid chain restaurants. This means the nutritional information will be limited. 

I also feel as though I may get push back for being on my phone tracking calories. My family tends to think I get obsessed when I am tracking points or calories. I can agree to a point, but I feel as though my obsession is better to be considered dedication.

I truly believe that if I am conscious of what I'm eating, make good choices, eat healthy portions and enjoy myself then I will be successful no matter what. Plus, being on vacation and going to new restaurants means that it is okay to splurge a little. Not every meal and not every day, but occasionally.

My goal while on vacation is to continue my running streak and continue my squat challenge. All other exercise will be considered a bonus. 

And when I get back I want to dive back in full force. I want to increase my exercise and focus on my eating. I need to have more self discipline when it comes to eating. I can only succeed if I allow myself to.

I think that a fresh start is needed and am looking forward to that start when we get back. 

As for this weekend... Saturday started off early with my scheduled 4 mile run. I went to pick up Isabel at my parents and my mom and I found ourselves out running errands at Kohl's. She is the best shopping partner because she will give you her honest opinion, but she does it in a way that doesn't hurt your feelings.

I ended up getting a nice long sleeve gray shirt, a black long sleeve running shirt, new beach/pool towels and a pair of walking shoes. 


I have been putting a lot of miles on my running shoes and will need to replace them soon. Once I go back to work I am hoping to get back into my walking routine (a short walk on my break and a long walk on my lunch). This will quickly add up a lot of miles and I'd rather not do that to my running shoes that need to last me while longer. They were on sale and it was an easy decision. 

This morning also started early. I met my mom at her house to go to the monthly swap meet we shop at. It has become our new favorite swap meet and we have both found great deals every single time we've gone. Last month I found a great three tiered corner shelf that is on our balcony as a plant stand for $10. Today I found a planter (with a plant), 3 old tins (in red, white and blue) that I plan on plating and putting out on my patio, a cute bird house, a hanging plant holder for our dining room (that I will put a pot in and "plant" with silk flowers), and a bench. I may end up reupholstering it or possibly taking the seat off and doing mosaic on it and using it as another bench for my plants an flowers. So many options!


We had dinner at my sister's tonight to go over our vacation plans. I am so excited for this vacation! We have so many fun things planned that I am really looking forward to. More on that later, though..

All in all, a good weekend. Not food wise, but everything else was absolutely wonderful! And that's what I'm going to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment