Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saturday Morning Running Recap

It's been a few weeks since I have stuck with my scheduled long run. I know that in order for me to improve my running then I need to actually go for my run.

Today was an easy 3 mile run, 2 miles using intervals and a 1 mile run to continue the streak.

I felt tired just setting my alarm last night for 6:30, already dreading the early morning annoyance of that dreaded beeping sound. But, after pressing the snooze button twice, it wasn't that difficult to get myself up out of bed and dressed for my run. I kept telling myself that I would feel great when I got back, I just had to get myself out the door first.

The first two miles felt faster than they actually were. I didn't experience too much pain like I normally do the first few miles, so I was a little disappointed when the time showed up as 13:59 for mile one and 14:04 for mile two. My goal was to run both miles under 14 minutes because I wanted to increase my time on the running interval to 45 seconds, but I wanted to earn it.

That's not to say that I can't just up the time, but I think I'm going to keep it at 30:1 intervals until I can successfully run two miles using intervals under 14 minutes each. This could be tomorrow, sometime next week or on my long run next Saturday. Who knows! All I do know is that I am really loving my me time out there running and I am excited to keep up with my schedule.

I can definitely tell a difference in my legs. They are getting stronger and I am really excited to see the difference physically. I missed these runners legs the last few months and I am proud of what I've been doing to get them back to where they were and then some.

I really do miss being able to run 11-13 minute miles consistently. I know this is slow to some people, but it was fast for me and I can't wait to work my way back to that. I know that when I do up my running interval time I will be running faster miles just based on the fact that I'll be running farther per mile than I am now. I need to learn patience...

Mile 1- 13:59
Mile 2- 14:04
Mile 3- 11:13
Mile 0.24- 3:15

Total distance: 3.24 miles
Total time: 42:48

Today's run brings my Dopey Challenge Savings to a total of $63.52, which I think is pretty awesome since I've only been at this for a little less than a month.

I started thinking about the Dopey Challenge while out there today and was getting excited thinking about making a training schedule. There are going to be a lot of miles happening next year and I am really excited for the physical and mental challenge. I know it's crazy to start thinking about already since it's a year and a half away, but this is my purpose for running right now and I can only hope that I get a chance to run it.

No comments:

Post a Comment