Monday, June 17, 2013

Working Out

I feel good about my workouts from last week. I don't feel like I over did it and I wasn't upset when I gave myself a bit of a break on Thursday. My body just needed a rest, so I allowed it to rest while still getting in a small workout and continuing my running streak. There are going to be days when 1 mile is all I can do. At the same time, it's a mile and I know I can fit it into my schedule no matter what, well not no matter what, but short of an injury I will continue this streak.

So first an update on what workouts I completed this past week.

Last Weeks Workout:
Monday June 10th: Walk✔, Interval Run✔ and Streak✔, 30 squats✔, arms✔ (added .5 mile walk, .5 mile intervals)
Tuesday June 11th: Walk✔, Interval Run✔ and Streak✔, 35 squats✔, abs✔ (added 2 mile intervals)
Wednesday June 12th: Walk✔, Interval Run✔ and Streak✔, 40 squats✔, arms✔
Thursday June 13th: Walk❌, Interval Run❌ and Streak✔, 45 squats✔, abs✔
Friday June 14th: Walk✔, Interval Run✔ and Streak✔, 50 squats✔, arms✔ (added abs and 1 mile walk)
Saturday June 15th: Long Run with Streak✔, 55 squats✔
Sunday June 16th: Streak✔, 60 squats✔
 
Monday- Friday and Sunday: 1 mile interval run, 1 mile run, 1 mile walk
Long Run: 3 miles




I felt like my workout for the past week was manageable and didn't take up too much time. I feel like with what I'm doing with my arms and abs is doable to do daily without over doing it. There are days when I know I could do more, so I run through the workout twice. Other days I'm in a hurry and get through it once. No matter what, I'm doing something and for me that's better than nothing.

I know that pretty soon I'm going to need to up my workouts. I'm pretty much doing the bare minimum right now. I would really like to start up on the workout DVDs because those are the real calorie burners for me and I definitely see a difference in my body after Jillian Michael's is done with me. I'm still worried about my wrist though and since I haven't started physical therapy yet I am a little worried to start doing too much too soon. I'm thinking after our family vacation I will start incorporating them more often.

But for now I have the following workouts scheduled and I'm happy with it.

This Weeks Workout:
Monday June 17th: Walk, Interval Run and Streak, arms, abs
Tuesday June 18th: Walk, Interval Run and Streak, 65 squats, arms, abs
Wednesday June 19th: Walk, Interval Run and Streak, 70 squats, arms, abs
Thursday June 20th: Walk, Interval Run and Streak, 75 squats, arms, abs
Friday June 21st: Walk, Interval Run and Streak, 80 squats, arms, abs
Saturday June 22nd: Long Run with Streak, 85 squats, arms, abs
Sunday June 23rd: Streak, 90 squats, arms, abs
 
Monday- Friday and Sunday: 1 mile interval run, 1 mile run, 1 mile walk
Long Run: 3 miles intervals and 1 mile streak (total 4 miles)


I think all of this working out is the perfect excuse to go out and buy some more workout clothes. I am going through a lot of workout clothes each week and although I could just do laundry more often I am a girl and I love to shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment