Sunday, June 2, 2013

Week Three Change Up

I like lists and I like making goals for myself. I find that it's one of many ways to track my progress and a way to push myself a little more than I normally would. But last week I came to the conclusion that by making goals I was putting too much pressure on myself to be perfect and was getting upset when I wasn't following through.

I think goals can serve a good purpose if used correctly and I do intend on working them into my weekly journey later on (and maybe not trying to do so many at once). For now I'm going to stick with 5 easy monthly goals so that I can see how that goes first.

I want to keep up with my walking and running, especially running a mile daily. For now that's what I can commit to as a weekly schedule. No minimum miles per day other than the one mile run. I'm thinking the Monday, Wednesday and Friday walk and the Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday run is working. I don't feel too much pressure with that.

I decided that the workout DVDs are just too much physically right now. Not physically as in I can't get through the workout, because I can (drenched in sweat and out of breath, but I make it through). My wrist is just not strong enough to make it through and the workouts that involve my wrist are too often for me to use that time as a break.

So back on the shelf they go. At least until I can make the full commitment and make it through the workout without stopping. I am really hoping to start physical therapy next week. I still have not received the go ahead from workers' comp, so who knows when the healing and strengthening process will begin.

I'm still going to put my workout schedule out there. Maybe it will help hold me accountable.

Monday May 27th: Walk and 1 mile run
Tuesday May 28st: Run intervals and 1 mile run
Wednesday May 29th: Walk and 1 mile run
Thursday May 30th: Run intervals and 1 mile run
Friday May 31st: Walk and 1 mile run
Saturday June 1st: Long Run and 1 mile run
Sunday June 2nd: Rest and 1 mile run
 
Walk: (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) 2 miles
Run: (Tuesday and Thursday) 2 miles
Long Run: 5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment