Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sunday June 16th

Father's Day is an interesting day emotion-wise for me.

I have an amazing father who has always supported me in good times and bad. Due to his job as a firefighter, he wasn't always there so my sister and I relied a lot on our mom for emotional support, but he was there if needed and his love was something I never doubted was there. I cherished our one-on-one time no matter how few and far between it was. I knew that as long as I tried my best then there was nothing I could do wrong in his eyes.

A few years ago, my dad almost died while in surgery. His heart stopped and they had to shock his heart and perform CPR to bring him back. And then he almost died again a few weeks later with a blood infection and pneumonia.

That was a very difficult time in my life, and if I'm being honest, I don't think I've ever dealt properly with his near death experience...

I can't say that I don't take him for granted since this incident, but I do know that I tell him that I love him more often and I do take the time to spend more time with him.

Another reason that today is interesting for me is because of Isabel. All I want to say about that is, any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad. I couldn't have asked for a better dad for Isabel and I am so glad that Patrick is in our lives. His love and support through some of the most trying times in my life has been greatly appreciated. Watching Patrick with the kids is an amazing sight and I can only hope that these children all grow up realizing what an amazing man they have in their lives.




We celebrated Father's Day the only way we know how... With food! Delicious food. Which of course means that I couldn't control myself and went back for seconds. Tri-tip, homemade mac and cheese, corn bread... Mmmmmm. It was all sooooo yummy!
 
And of course I wouldn't be me if I didn't feel guilty about going back for more. But like I mentioned yesterday, this is just one week on this long journey and if I gain tomorrow then I gain. I need to remember that when I'm on the scale, and I'm not sure if I'll feel this positive about it all then.
 
I did indulge in half a cupcake because I had to know how they tasted.. I believe they turned out really well and I got a lot of compliments on them. I have a sneaky suspicion that the candy in the middle cupcakes will be making another appearance soon! Possibly with Rolo's next time.
 








 
It did take a bit of a push to get myself out the door tonight for my 1 mile run. But I knew that I had to do it because today marks the 3 week mark. And I ran right past the halfway mark in this Runner's World Running Streak two days ago without even realizing it. I can see the end in sight, but again I think I might have to run right past it and just make it a habit of going daily. I should have just gone for the run this morning after finishing day 9 of my squat challenge, but I started baking instead and, well the rest is just excuses.

Sunday June 16th:
Goal: 1540
Food: 1843
Exercise: -118
Net: 1725

Breakfast:
Whole wheat waffles, peanut butter, banana

Calories: 360

Lunch:
Apple blue pecan salad, buffalo chicken breast bites
Calories: 483

Dinner:
Quick Add Calories
Calories: 1000

Exercise:
1 mile run, squats
Calories: -118

Positive: I ended the week 258 net calories under goal. I think this is great progress after ending last week in the red by 246 calories. No matter what the scale says, I am making huge changes and I feel good, which is so much more important than a number.

No comments:

Post a Comment