Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday June 21st

Not a lot happened today that is of much interest...

I went for my run, completed the 80 squats scheduled for today, went through my arm workout twice and my ab workout twice. I think I'm doing something wrong though. I'm not sore. My thighs aren't sore, my arms aren't sore and my abs aren't sore. I'm either not doing it right or I'm not doing enough reps or not enough weight. I am consistently doing about 45 minutes of cardio followed by almost a half hour of strength training (arms, abs and squats). I know it is doing something, but I hear about people doing a workout and barely being able to lift their arms or laugh or sit. I want that soreness!

My workouts may need to get more intense in the coming weeks. Most likely after our vacation next week.

I cleaned the apartment today. And it already looks like a tornado ran through it. I call that tornado the children... But it at least looked somewhat decent for an hour or so.

And we got our new (used) couches today. They look wonderful and I am excited about the simple fact that they match. Who knew that something so simple could make me so happy. We dipped into our house savings for them, but we couldn't pass up the price for the couch/love seat set and since the couches will come with us when we eventually move into a house it was worth it.

Our small apartment is becoming more and more like home and it makes it more comfortable to call it our home and to realize that we will be here for awhile. Not ideal, but manageable and affordable and right now that's what we need.

My GPS watch died as soon as I pressed start this morning because I forgot to charge it last night. I ran the exact same course as yesterday so I knew the distance, but I don't know the times per mile. It felt slower than normal, but my body felt better at whatever speed I was at. I also made it out the door earlier than normal, which was due to the fact that Patrick had to be up early and I needed to make it back to be home with the kids.

I'm going to try to start getting up earlier and earlier each day so that my body doesn't go into complete shock when I start going back to work at the beginning of July. I would like to continue my early morning runs, which means that in order to be at work by 7:30am, I will need to get up around 5:30 to get in a 45 or so minute run, shower, get dressed and put on my makeup (something I very rarely do, but would like to get into the habit of doing). It's going to be difficult at first, but I think it's something I can easily get in the habit of doing. I mean, getting up at 7ish for the past week hasn't been easy, but it is slowly becoming a routine.

Friday June 21st:
Goal: 1540
Food: 2224
Exercise: -749
Net: 1475

Breakfast:
Whole wheat waffles, peanut butter, coffee, creamer, splenda

Calories: 327

Lunch:
Parmesan crusted chicken breast, 2 hard boiled eggs, grapes, cranberry walnut salad
Calories: 706

Dinner:
Tri Tip, Mac & Cheese, breadstick, tri-tip salad
Calories: 945

Dessert:
Golden spoon yogurt, candy cane Hershey kisses
Calories: 247

Exercise:
1 mile intervals, 1 mile run, 1 mile walk, 80 squats, arm workout x2, ab workout x2
Calories: -749

Positive: I ate a filling lunch so that I wouldn't snack throughout the day before going to dinner with my parents and my in-laws. It was healthy, nutritious and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment