Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wednesday June 5th

Today was Isabel's graduation from pre-k, which turned out to be pretty emotional for me. This is most likely not only my first time watching my child graduate from pre-k with kindergarten starting in August, but also quite possibly my last.

I definitely shed a tear or two during the ceremony and a tear or two while they sang songs and maybe even a tear or two as I type this out. Happy tears of course, but emotionally draining none the less. It's bittersweet for the previously mentioned reason. She's my baby and although having another child wouldn't make this moment any less special, it does bring an end to something. I don't really know how to explain it...








Isabel is going to be a million and one amazing things. Her one teacher thinks she's going to be President one day. The other is certain she is going to cure cancer. Isabel says she wants to be a pet vet, a regular doctor and a fairy.

I guess I haven't mentioned this yet, but Isabel has been classified as "gifted" by both her teachers and her pediatrician. We have yet to have her tested, but she taught herself to read around the age of 2 and a half and has not stopped. She's 5 and reading Junie B Jones chapter books AND, more importantly, she's comprehending them. There's more then that, but I can only brag so much..

Having a gifted child, without it being verified via testing, is overwhelming and confusing and exciting and so many other emotions that are difficult to explain. We can only hope that her kindergarten teachers are able to see what everyone else sees early on so that we can provide the right educational path for her.

After my pity party yesterday I had a much easier run tonight. I only went out for my 1 mile run as I got home a lot later then I had planned, but I still went out to complete day 10 of my running streak. And I will say that running naked makes it easier to get through the run then running with full on electronic running gear. I knew where the half mile mark is, so I just ran. I didn't have my GPS watch to check for distance or speed or time. I just ran. There was still some pain, mostly in my right knee and my right calf, but not unbearable.

I went a little overboard on food today, not making the best choices, but I didn't go too crazy when I could have. I really think that I'm making a positive change and I really have high hopes for weigh in on Monday. I know I've only been at this for 3 days, but I just feel really good and I want to just enjoy this feeling right now.

Wednesday June 5th:
Goal: 1540
Food: 1657
Exercise: -118
Net: 1539


Breakfast:
Strawberries & Cream oatmeal, Strawberry Greek yogurt, 1 cup soy milk
Calories: 330
Lunch:
1 slice cheese pizza, pasta salad, cupcake with frosting
Calories: 507

Snack:
Dreyer's Fruit Bar, Swedish fish
Calories: 220

Dinner:
Chicken nachos
Calories: 600

Exercise:
1 mile run
Calories: -118

Positive: I stayed in control at Isabel's graduation party. There were so many delicious foods there and I allowed myself to splurge just a little without going crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment