Saturday, June 8, 2013

Squat Challenge


Today will be day 1 of the 31 day squat challenge. I saw the above photo posted on Facebook yesterday and decided to start the challenge. 

I feel like this challenge is manageable since you can break the sets up and do the squats throughout the day instead of all at once. I also think this will be really good to make my legs stronger for running, even if they are really sore for awhile.

I've seen a lot of these challenges on Pinterest, usually on a calendar for each month with a specific body part/exercise. I tend to miss the start date and then choose to not try. But why can't you start later in the month? There's no rule against starting on the 8th of June and going 31 days from that day. 

So I'm adding this challenge to go on top of the Runner's World running streak and will be starting today with 20 squats and I may even add in some sort of arm workout on top of that.

It feels good to start something new and to be able to focus on that progress. I can totally tell a difference in my running already. I've successfully completed 12 straight days of running 1 mile straight and it is slowly getting easier to do. Right now 1 mile is manageable and I don't feel pressured to do more than that, which usually means I do add on miles when I can. 

I can also tell a difference in the muscles in my calves and shins. They are something I am proud of and I like having a body part that I like and can focus my positive energy on until I get more comfortable with the rest of my body.


No comments:

Post a Comment