Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tuesday June 11th

Yesterday's pre-run conversation:
Me: "Why do I run again?"
Patrick: "Because you love it...?"
Me: "Fine..." (goes out to run planned 3 mile run, ends up going 4)

Tonight's pre-run conversation:
Me: "Why do I run again?"
Patrick: "You tell me why you run."
Me: "Ugh!" (goes out to run planned 3 mile run, ends up going 5)

There comes a point between the second mile that I run straight and the third mile that I walk straight that my body and my mind connect and I feel like I can keep going. It's my own little Forest Gump moment. I get to the end of my scheduled run and I just want to keep running so I just keep running. (Yes, I'm aware that this is a MUCH smaller scale...)

I crave that moment when it's so clear and I just am so happy to be out there. When my legs stop feeling like dead weight and my breathing is even and it doesn't hurt. I get a rush of endorphins and clarity with life and everything in that moment is just perfect. I run for that moment. And the feeling of accomplishment afterwards. I may not look forward to my run before and I may hate it during the first few miles, but I have yet to regret going for a run as of yet.

It really does help to have a course that is the perfect distance. To go around the block is the distance of a 5K. That's a manageable distance for me. I also have access to the wash, which is right by our apartment. I absolutely love the wash. My family doesn't think it's safe, which I'll get into later. But for now I will continue to run on the wash.

Tuesday June 11th:
Goal: 1540
Food: 2007
Exercise: -514
Net: 1493

Breakfast:
Whole wheat waffles, peanut butter, soy milk
Calories: 315


Lunch:
Minute rice, buffalo chicken
Calories: 548

Snack:
 Cheetos small bag, candy cane kisses
Calories: 394

Dinner:
Dream dinners pork chops with sweet potato fries, corn, mac & cheese
Calories: 690

Dessert:
Soy milk
Calories: 60

Exercise:
1 mile intervals, 1 mile run, 1 mile walk, 2 mile intervals, squats, ab dvd
Calories: -514

Positive: I finished my "F you" letter assigned by my therapist. It wasn't very easy to get through and I know I could have gone into more detail about certain things, but I feel like it's a good F you letter and I can't wait to share it on Thursday with my therapist.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment