Monday, May 20, 2013

Weigh In #1

I told myself that I needed to step on the scale. In order to make progress, I need to know where I'm starting from. So I bit the bullet and stepped on the scale this morning. I also took my measurements for reference. I plan to take measurements monthly. Sometimes it helps to measure both because the scale not always shows your progress the way you'd like, but often at these times the measurements will have changed.

I wasn't thrilled with what I saw the first time I stepped on the scale. I thought maybe the batteries were low or that the scale was in a weird spot on the floor that can't register weight correctly. Maybe the planets are unaligned or one of a hundred other reasons for the fact that I've gained over 20 pounds since my wedding in October.

But when I stepped on the scale a second time and saw the same number I realized that there was no use in crying or feeling upset. That is my official weight. I got myself here and it's up to me (and only me) to get myself out. This is my starting point.

I decided to make my weigh-in day Monday morning because I believe that it will help hold me accountable for the entire weekend. It's the start of the week and gives me the weekend to plan out the new week. I have a tendency to go overboard with eating on the weekends, so by making my weigh in on Monday I have hope that I can stay in control.

I'm not quite sure what my end weight goal is going to be for a few reasons:
1. I want to be at a weight that is a healthy weight for my height. I am 5'9", so an ideal weight ranges from 135-168 pounds.
2. I'm starting up training again, so the weight isn't going to come off as easy when I'm dedicated to running and still trying to find that exercise/food balance.
3. I have yet to decide what program I plan on using. As of right now I am using Weight Watchers, however my plan material is slightly outdated and I'm not sure if I want to pay to use the online program. I know meetings work better for me, however that's not in our budget right now. There are free programs out there that I've tried, I'm just not sure what I want to use yet.
4. I know what weight I would like to be ideally, but I don't think it's a realistic weight to try to maintain.
5. I want to be less concerned with a number and more concerned with what I'm eating, how I feel and how my clothes fit.

I have decided that I will be taking a picture and posting in Monday mornings in order to stay accountable. It's something I feel I need to do in order to keep tracking and hopefully to see progress of my weight going down.

So here it is... Weigh-in #1.

Weight:















Measurements:
Arm (L)- 12.75"
Thigh (L)- 26"
Bust- 40"
Waist- 36"
Hips- 44.25"

BMI- 26.8= overweight

Before pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment