Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday May 20th

Day one. 

It's never easy to get started and yet the first day seems to be my most motivated day. I get all gung-ho and I have the most confidence in myself on that first day.

It just depends on how long it lasts that matters. I want this to last a lifetime, so day one needed to be a strong one. It needed to be a day full of motivation to look back on and remember why I started this in the first place and how well I did starting out. 

I know there will be tough days, but today was not one of them. I did not feel hungry and enjoyed the food I did eat. I did not try to make excuses to not work out. 
 
I went so far as to cook dinner! EEK! Granted it was a simple meal from Dream Dinners that I just needed to stick in the oven and put a few things in the microwave (corn and refried beans). I measured out my servings and I put the leftovers away right away in order to prevent going back for seconds. Plus, now I have lunch for tomorrow.
 
Here is the highlights of my first day:


I weighed myself first thing this morning.


And took my measurements.


Then I went for a two mile walk.


At my favorite location.


Best place to walk and/or run.
 
Then I did my arm workout (minus the pushups and tricep dips).


And then I did one round of level one (still a good workout!)


And I looked like this after.


And I tracked everything all day.
 
I can only hope that the following days will continue to be easy for me so that I can keep this positive feeling going. I worked out for 45 minutes to 1 hour and that was enough to not only sweat, but to feel and enjoy those endorphins for the rest of the day. I feel happy, genuinely happy, for the first time in over 2 months.
 
And I cannot wait to run tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment