Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thursday May 23rd

Today's run felt better than Tuesday's. I maintained about the same speed as that run even though there were a few different factors.

I ran at my parents house today, which has inclines on the route I go instead of the flat course on the wash. I also went in the afternoon, so it was a lot warmer out. 

To be honest, I felt like I was going faster than I was, and I felt that twinge of panic. I felt like I was pushing myself and still went slower than I had hoped. I felt like it was going to take a lot for me to improve in any way. I felt every inch of my body with each step I took.

I literally almost slapped myself across the face. 

Those things are not important, at least not right now. This is the second run for me. I have room for improvement and I have plenty of time to make those improvements the right way.

The main thing I need to focus on is one of my favorite quotes I've seen on pinterest and I use it often as a mantra while running:
 


Today's run was 2.13 miles and it took me exactly 30 minutes. 



Mile 1- 13:48
Mile 2- 14:23
Mile 0.13- 1:49
 
My eating could have been better today. I felt very snacky all day and couldn't shake that feeling. I know the problem started by me not having breakfast this morning. That plus working out this morning I just didn't do well. I really need to go grocery shopping to prevent this. Usually, if I have the choice, I will pick the healthy food. But since the refrigerator is looking pretty bare I went for the unhealthy choices.
 
Tomorrow is another day. And I'm not going to spend the rest of the night wallowing over my choices for today. All I can do is know that I can make better choices tomorrow. And that's exactly what I plan on doing. I will not let one day derail me for the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment