Thursday, May 23, 2013

Life Without NBO & What Are Intentions?

I have been reading Love Your Body, Love Your Life for a few days now and I couldn't be happier with what I've been reading. I continue to believe that this is just what I needed and I think the timing couldn't have been better.

I am getting anxious to begin The Five Steps to Freedom, but I know that it is important to read the first part of the book (Understanding Your Journey) so that I can fully understand what the steps are and why. I truly want to make this work, but I know I will only get out of this what I put into it.

So I've been continuing to underline the parts that stand out the most to me. I've never done this in a book before for the simple reason that I haven't read a self help book before. I've looked for something to help me in the past, but could never find what I needed. Until now. Which makes sense because I wasn't quite ready for it before now.

I highlighted my top ten parts of chapter one here and chapter two here. The following are my highlights from the rest of part one:

"You probably spend most of your time thinking about what you don't have and what you aren't. In order to live without NBO, you need to imagine what you could have."

"The more you focus on loving and accepting your body and enjoying it as an ally on your journey through life, the more you will create those feelings in your life."

"In order to change your life, you must first change your mind."

 "Whether you are a middle-aged man or woman carrying a little more weight than you would like, an emotional eater, someone struggling with obesity, someone suffering from anorexia or bulimia, or a teenager dreaming of being the latest pop star, you can break free from Negative Body Obsession."

"'Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at will change.'"

"Intention is the force that animates and orchestrates everything in the universe without effort and without strain."

"Key attributes of intention:
• Intention is all-inclusive. There is nowhere that it is not and nothing it does not include.
• Intention is always on time. It provides what the universe needs, when it needs it."

"In order to successfully manifest your intentions, you want to align yourself with the field of intention."

"According to the Law of Detachment, in order to manifest your dreams and desires, you must first relinquish your attachment to them."

"Trust that the universal force of intention, which is always on time, will fulfill your desires when the time is right."

I think my favorite section of part one is How to Set an Intention and the Criteria of a Successful Intention. They are manageable to do and make sense, which helps me because I really can't handle anything too complicated right now. I need something that will bring me success easily, and from what I've read that's exactly how this works. I no doubt will have to put work into it, but I'm willing to do what it takes!

I am really looking forward to part two and plan to start reading it right away so that I can begin to change my way of thinking. Having a positive attitude about all of this and especially having a positive mind set about my body will bring me the greatest success. I'm sure I will continue to fail and restart if I continue to think negatively about myself and about my body.

My new rule of life? Positive Positive Positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment