Sunday, May 19, 2013

Week One Goals

I like setting goals for myself, however my mentality for these goals are either success or fail. I don't think this way of thinking is healthy for me right now, or at all to be honest.

But I do think that making goals, both short and long term are beneficial so that I have something to focus on and work towards. But my goal shouldn't be perfection like it was when I was labeling it as success or fail. My goal should be improvement, and that's something that is manageable.

My plan as of now is to make weekly goals for myself. They will be the same each week, but I think that it's important to track my progress in order to visually see what's working and more importantly what's not. If something stops working then I will reevaluate and try something else.

I need to set realistic goals. I need to set myself up for success so that I have a chance at making this work.

Goals:
1. *Drink at least 6 glasses of water every day.
2. *Journal food, every single bite.
3. *Follow planned workout schedule.
4. Continue reading Love Your Body, Love Your Life.
5. *No fast food.
6. *No regular soda.
7. *Stay off the scale except for weigh-in day.
8. *Write one positive about myself a day.
9. Make motivation wall
10. Take pride in my appearance by wearing makeup, styling my hair and wearing an outfit that makes me feel good.

*My plan is to track these goals visually in my food journal. I plan on using check marks to track my water intake and stickers to track exercise for the day, no fast food, no regular soda and staying off of the scale. I am a visual person, so earning the stickers will be a good way to see what I need to work on.

I think I might make a non-food related reward system for myself for earning a certain number of stickers monthly. A type of simple, inexpensive way to treat myself when I do well. Something simple like a new song on iTunes or a new book from the used book store.

I'll be tracking four of the goals using stickers, so I feel a reasonable monthly goal would be to earn 100 stickers a month. Obviously this reward system will have to start in June so I can go the whole month, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to get in the habit of tracking it all now. It's time to make this a habit that sticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment