Saturday, May 25, 2013

Saturday May 25th

Something happened today that made me realize that I am a runner. I don't classify myself as a runner because of what happened, but by my reaction. The following may be TMI to some, and I don't plan on going into detail or sharing pictures. You've been warned though..




Today I lost my second toenail. The first was lost after my second marathon and was somewhat of a scary and embarrassing situation. I refused to wear sandals and felt awkward while barefoot. I missed out on some fun experiences (like going to the pool with the kids) because I let that embarrassment of how my feet looked take over the pride of how I got to that state. 



I was not prepared to lose a toenail this morning. I had no pain until I saw it after my morning workout. I knew what needed to happen and I did it. I'll admit I freaked out a bit. I knew this time would be painful and I really didn't have time to let the reality of the situation set in. 

And it was Patrick who made me realize that I should be proud. I've earned these feet and I really feel like a runner now.

I now have the visual to prove the miles I've put on my feet. A badge of honor. Straight up pride in what I do and who I am. 

Foodwise, today could have gone better, but it could have been worse too. I'm going to look at it glass half full and know that I did okay and I wrote it all down, which is a win!



No comments:

Post a Comment