Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday May 26th

I started the morning early, which was slightly frustrating (even if it was by choice). My step, or as I call them "bonus", children were here this weekend to visit with us. Saturday morning we woke up to the early morning sounds of children and the TV at 5:30am, which made for a long day. What happened to the days of kids sleeping in until 11 in the morning on the weekends?!?

This morning was the swap meet that my mom and I go to once a month. It was a big success as well, so I'm glad I got up early to go. I've been really into filling my patio with plants and flowers to make it a place we hang out at night. It's very VERY small, so there's not much I can do out there, and it will only be the three of us hanging out when we do, but I think it's worth it to have it be a nice place to be. I was able to find three plant stands that will be a perfect addition to our growing patio.

The rest of the day was spent with my in-laws and my parents at my in-laws house. They had us all over for lunch and then we all made our way to the newly remodeled park by their house. Patrick and I are so lucky that we live so close to both of our parents. What's more is that we get along with both our parents and our in-laws. I hear horror stories about in-laws and I don't know how I got to be so lucky.

The day was spent in the sun running around with the kids. There was time spent at the park with the kids, basketball with my niece and watching the boys play horseshoes. I can't begin to express how tired I am and how burnt I am. I always forget sunscreen and I always regret it.

I weighed myself this morning again and I am still up. I can't even begin to express my disappointment in myself to gain the first week I attempt to lose weight. But it's not the end all be all and next week is another opportunity to try better and prove that this is something that I can do. Sometimes I chose food that was not the best for me, I worked out more than I was used to and (TMI) my monthly female friend will be visiting in the next few days (and yes, this can cause a weight gain). I'm venting about this here and now so that tomorrow I can simply record my weight and my positives for the week.

I did not log my food for the day because I kind of went a little (okay, okay! A LOT) overboard with the snacks and food and dessert this afternoon.

But... The biggest news of the day is that I made a decision, which affects my weight loss and possibly the Dopey Challenge. I have decided to apply to be a Surrogate. I have had a need/want to become a surrogate for many years. My sister used to work for a cervical cancer coalition and I learned then that some women lose the ability to have children after battling cancer. I wanted to be someone that could help those women. Since then I have learned that there are many other families that want children and are unable to have them. I had an easy pregnancy and no complications when giving birth to Isabel (besides needing a C-section).

Something pushed me that this is the time to do this. I'm still young and I'm pretty sure that Patrick and I are not going to be having any children of our own (I haven't given up hope yet, but it's not looking promising). There are some other personal reasons (someone else's that I don't feel comfortable sharing) that pushed me to finally apply. Now I wait to see if I'm eligible. I'm sure to be an ideal surrogate I will need to lose weight to be a normal BMI, but we'll see what they say. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment