Saturday, May 25, 2013

Early Morning Run

Today was my first long run since training for the LA Marathon in March. I wasn't expecting much since my last two weekday runs didn't go as well as I had hoped, but I was also excited to get out there to start increasing my miles again.

It was difficult to get into it, especially the first two miles. But the third mile felt great and I'm really glad that I went out and completed the run first thing this morning so that I don't have to worry about completing it for the rest of the day. I also completed my leg and arm workout as scheduled for the day.

I wish I had something interesting to write about my run this morning. Something funny or a thought that I had while out there that was meaningful. I tend to do my best thinking while out running, which is one of the reasons I don't listen to music on runs anymore...

But this run was just a run and my most common thought this morning was "It's only 3 miles. You can do 3 miles. You're almost done. Just keep going."

My goal this morning was to run each mile under 14 minutes. I know I said that I don't want to focus on speed, but at the same time I want to see myself improve. When I get to the point of obsession with how fast or slow I am going then I will re-evaluate, but for now I'm okay with my goal. I almost made it too..




Total distance: 3.1 miles
Total time: 43:05

Mile 1- 13:56
Mile 2- 14:01
Mile 3- 13:20
Mile 0.1- 1.44

It's a good place to start. I plan on going up to 5 miles next weekend with the same 30:1 intervals. I'm not sure yet when I plan on moving up to 45:1 intervals. I guess I'll know when the time is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment