Sunday, May 26, 2013

Weekly Workout: Week Two: May 27th-June 2nd

This past week went really well for me in regards to working out. I feel like I did enough each day to keep me motivated for my next workout but not enough to feel like I wanted to stop working out until the end of forever.

It takes 21 days to make a habit, which is why I intend to do some form of workout for at least 21 days in a row. The intensity is not high enough to worry about injury and the amount of time spent is not long enough to feel guilty. At the end of week three I will reevaluate the number of workouts per week based on how physical therapy is going with my wrist.

I saw Bob Harper wearing a t-shirt on The Biggest Loser this past season that said:
 
It made sense to me and I think that it's a manageable schedule. As long as I don't take two days off in a row, I'm usually okay and will stick with my scheduled workout plan. If physical therapy goes well and my wrist is improving, then I feel like I can take my workouts from 7 days a week to 3 days on 1 day off. However, if I am working out less days per week then I will be upping the intensity of those workouts.
 
This coming week will bring the following workouts:
 
Monday May 27th: Walk/Arms/Abs
Tuesday May 28st: Run/Ripped in 30 (Level One)
Wednesday May 29th: Walk/Jillian Michael's Yoga DVD
Thursday May 30th: Run/Ripped in 30 (Level One)
Friday May 31st: Walk/Arms/Abs
Saturday June 1st: Long Run/Arms/Legs
Sunday June 2nd: Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD (Level Two)
 
Walk: (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) 2 miles
Run: (Tuesday and Thursday) 2 miles
Long Run: 5 miles

Arm Workout:
10 Pushups
15 Tricep Kickbacks
15 Bicep Curls
15 Shoulder Press
10 Pushups
20 Bent-Over Rows
15 Front Raises
15 Lateral Raises
10 Push Ups
20 Tricep Dips
15 Fly (laying on back)
15 Chest Press
30 Second Plank
Repeat Twice

Leg Workout:
20 High Knees
15 Butt Kickers
10 Squats
20 Lunges (10 each leg)
10 Side Lunges (5 each leg)
20 Donkey Kicks (10 each leg)
10 Plie Squats
20 Side Lunges (10 each leg)
30 Second Wall Sit
30 Donkey Kicks (15 each leg)
10 Plie Squats
30 Skaters
10 Donkey Kicks (5 each leg)
20 Plie Squats
10 Lunges (5 each leg)
10 Side Lunges (5 each leg)
10 Squats

Ab Workout:
Jillian Michael's Ab DVD (Level One)


No comments:

Post a Comment