Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday May 31st

I know you are sick of seeing the same thing day after day.

"I didn't do as well as I had hoped."

"Tomorrow will be a better day."

"I'm a work in progress."

"I adjusted my workouts."

"I didn't reach my goals."

"I'm gaining weight."

"I'm still not eating as well as I'd like."

I'm sick of seeing it too. The problem is, I don't know how to get off of this merry-go-round. Some days I feel like I'm trying like hell to make this lifestyle change and to make it last. Other days the want to eat all the things is greater then the desire to change my eating habits to be a healthier person.

So what does that mean? 

It means I'm human. I'm imperfect and I like it that way. I'm going to trip up along the way and I will make mistakes. But I do try to make changes and it's sometimes a daily battle. As long as I'm willing to fight that battle, whether the outcome is good or bad, then I am a winner.

So I think my mindset needs to change. Yes, again. Instead of setting goals for the week and instead of making a workout schedule I am just going to do my best each day. And that way, whenever I do something that deserves a brag, I will. When I do something that doesn't necessarily follow a healthy way of living (like eating half a bag of Isabel's candy- sorry bug!) I won't feel the need to point it out as failing or having a horrible day.

I do still plan on sharing some of my trip ups along the way. I'm not going to pretend to be perfect and only show the good things, I do believe that maybe someone somewhere can relate. And no one is perfect 24/7. But for my sanity I think the main focus needs to be on positives and successes on a day to day basis. 

So today was a no tracking day. And it almost became a no workout day as well. Being a girl sometimes sucks and it causes weird food cravings, horrible mood swings and pure exhaustion. 

But at 8pm tonight I went for a 1 mile run because I'm serious about this running streak and today is day 5. I have not only gone out to run a mile for 5 days in a row, but I have successfully run a mile straight for 5 days in a row! What?!? Who am I? 

This is crazy.. At least for me. I wouldn't even try to run a mile straight before because I didn't have faith in myself that I could. My miles are progressively getting slower because I'm not out there racing anyone. I'm simply streaking for at least 39 days. There is no time requirement here, just get out and run. No need to injure myself by trying to push too hard. 

So here's where I repeat myself. I didn't do as well as I had hoped today and I am going to try to make tomorrow a better day. I'm a work in progress. 


Can't complain when I get to run with this view.

No comments:

Post a Comment