Sunday, May 26, 2013

Week Two Goals and Positivity

Last week I made a list of 10 goals that I wanted to focus on for the week. I made them somewhat easy goals that could easily be maintained throughout the week. Goals that I could find success in and be proud of.

So, how did I do?

Goals:
1. *Drink at least 6 glasses of water every day. Not every day, but I drank a lot more water than I was.
2. *Journal food, every single bite. I did my best and actually tracked 6 out of the 7 days.
3. *Follow planned workout schedule.
4. Continue reading Love Your Body, Love Your Life. I read a little this week, but not as much as I was and not as much as I would have liked.
5. *No fast food. I successfully went the whole week without having fast food. I did eat out a lot (which I need to work on) but no drive-thru!
6. *No regular soda. No regular soda all week. Dr Pepper is a weakness of mine. I did have a diet soda yesterday which surprised me that I went that long without soda at all.
7. *Stay off the scale except for weigh-in day. I stepped on the scale twice this week other than weigh in day. I weighed myself on Thursday and this morning. I think it helps me when I have a week where I've gained (like this week) to prepare myself mentally.
8. *Write one positive about myself a day. I was able to write a positive about myself daily.
9. Make motivation wall I did not make my motivation wall yet. I have a tendency to do and re-do projects like this until it's perfect so I want to wait until I can do it once and be happy with the results.
10. Take pride in my appearance by wearing makeup, styling my hair and wearing an outfit that makes me feel good. I started the week strong with wearing makeup and doing my hair a little more than what I've been doing. Towards the end of the week I spent less time on hair and makeup, but still worked on wearing nicer outfits.

*My plan is to track these goals visually in my food journal. I plan on using check marks to track my water intake and stickers to track exercise for the day, no fast food, no regular soda and staying off of the scale. I am a visual person, so earning the stickers will be a good way to see what I need to work on.

I decided to keep most of my goals for this week the same, but I did change a few in order to keep things new and in order to focus on some different things.

Goals:
1. *Drink at least 6 glasses of water every day.
2. *Journal food, every single bite.
3. *Follow planned workout schedule.
4. *No fast food.
5. *No regular soda.
6. *Stay off the scale except for weigh-in day.
7. *Write one positive about myself a day.
8. *Walk at least 10,000 steps a day
9. Go grocery shopping
10. Try a smoothie recipe

*My plan is to track these goals visually in my food journal. I plan on using check marks to track my water intake and stickers to track no fast food, no regular soda and staying off of the scale. I am a visual person, so earning the stickers will be a good way to see what I need to work on.

I recently started following a new blog called The JE Project. Every week she writes down 10 positives about herself without looking back on her previous lists. I like that idea a lot and think it's a great way to focus on the good in yourself.

I feel that writing positives about myself would be a difficult task to attempt in the same way. If I were to attempt to do it right now I think the list would be silly and not meaningful. That's why last week I made a goal to write down one positive a day. 

By writing down one a day I am forcing myself to think of the positives from that day and I end the day in a good place. It could be anything about myself that happened that day or about my body. Anything I find positive about me. 

I'll be sharing my list every Monday morning with my weigh in. I think that if I do it then it will help me see that no matter what the scale says there are at least seven reasons I'm awesome from the week before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment