Thursday, May 30, 2013

Logging Miles

I have a tendency to buy a notebook, write in it for a few days, make a mistake or decide that I want to write something differently and then tear out the used pages. This goes on until the notebook is no longer usable and I have to throw it away and get a new one.

I am constantly looking for notebooks, constantly buying notebooks and constantly giving Isabel half used notebooks. She has close to 20 notebooks that she draws in and writes letters or stories. At least she gets good use out of it.








The other day I was in Home Goods when I found a notebook. 



I thought about what I would use it for and couldn't think of anything, but I put it in my cart anyway. It wasn't until I got home that I knew exactly what it would be good for... 




I have yet to start a log for my miles. I kept one all last year, logging every single mile. I started one for this year as well, but I didn't start tracking again when I started running last week.

Instead I felt the need to make a fresh start with it the same way I was making a fresh start with running and my weight loss journey. I've been tracking my miles by using my bank account when transferring a dollar for every mile I've been walking and/or running. But this isn't enough and I like the idea of writing it down in a log format because I can imagine the pride I'm going to feel when I hit major milestones and especially when I fill the whole thing up.

I know it's going to take a lot of days and a lot of miles to fill the notebook up, but I'm looking forward to that because it's the best part of this whole process. Logging my miles after a run is the evidence that you went out and did it. No matter if it was a good run or a bad run, a fast run or a slow run, a walk or intervals or a mile run straight through.. Coming home and writing it down is more than just evidence, it means your run is done for the day! That's a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment