Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday May 24th

I started today with a decision. I wanted to check where I was on the scale. A mid week check in so that I could tell if my efforts were working.

If I'm honest, my clothes are not fitting any better, but I feel better and I felt like I was looking better. I've been drinking more water, less soda. I've been working out. I've been tracking my food and making better choices.

So I stepped on the scale. I looked up and I asked Patrick to tell me whether I was higher or lower than I was on Monday. He said lower. But that wasn't enough so I had to ask him if it was down a little or a lot. He said a little.

From what I remember, when I try to lose weight, the first week is usually the week when you lose the most. But as of now I am down 0.4 pounds. Which is better than being up. And that's what I've been repeatedly telling myself.

I have to remember that the scale is just a number. I have to remember that the changes I am making are not for that number they are for me. I have many reasons to explain the small loss, like a heavy dinner last night and the fact that I've exercised every day since Monday.

There can be many reasons to not have the loss you were expecting. And if I really logically think about it, that's not my final number. My official weigh in is on Monday and a lot can happen between now and then.

The other thing that happened today that threw me off was I was not able to get in my 2 mile walk today. Normally this would send me for a loop and it would take me days to get back into it. Instead I did the arm and ab workouts I had planned and realized that maybe it's okay to take the day off from walking. Maybe my body needs that break.

And I finally made it to the grocery store today. Even better is that I stayed under budget. I love it when I can get a cart full of food and spend less than I had planned. I got a lot of fresh fruits and veggies and some healthy snacks for me. I think that it will help to have those as options so that I can choose now instead of only having the unhealthy choice. Here's hoping that works.



No comments:

Post a Comment