Sunday, May 19, 2013

Weekly Workout: Week One: May 20th-May 26th

This plan is what I hope to do this week. I am not 100% sure if I will be released to start working out yet, but I have hope for tomorrow's appointment. I am pretty sure that I will not be able to perform all of the moves in the below workouts (namely the push ups in the arm workout and the burpees in the Ab DVD).
 
I do plan on following the below plan as best as I can based on what I physically can do. Therefore I will most likely be modifying the workouts for this first week so that my body can get used to working out again. I need to remember that it doesn't have to be an all or nothing first week. I am allowed to adjust if needed. I think the main thing I need to remember is that I am basically starting over, and I need to start small in order to reach my goals.
 
I am my own worst critic, and I know that I tend to think that I'm not doing enough. I need to remember that I am enough and starting a workout routine is a major step in the right direction.

 
Monday May 20th: Walk/Arms/Abs
Tuesday May 21st: Run/Arms/Legs
Wednesday May 22nd: Walk/Jillian Michael's Yoga DVD
Thursday May 23rd: Run/Arms/Abs
Friday May 24th: Walk/Arms/Abs
Saturday May 25th: Long Run/Arms/Legs
Sunday May 26th: Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD (Level One)
 
Walk: (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) 2 miles
Run: (Tuesday and Thursday) 2 miles
Long Run: 3.1 miles

Arm Workout:
10 Pushups
15 Tricep Kickbacks
15 Bicep Curls
15 Shoulder Press
10 Pushups
20 Bent-Over Rows
15 Front Raises
15 Lateral Raises
10 Push Ups
20 Tricep Dips
15 Fly (laying on back)
15 Chest Press
30 Second Plank

Leg Workout:
20 High Knees
15 Butt Kickers
10 Squats
20 Lunges (10 each leg)
10 Side Lunges (5 each leg)
20 Donkey Kicks (10 each leg)
10 Plie Squats
20 Side Lunges (10 each leg)
30 Second Wall Sit
30 Donkey Kicks (15 each leg)
10 Plie Squats
30 Skaters
10 Donkey Kicks (5 each leg)
20 Plie Squats
10 Lunges (5 each leg)
10 Side Lunges (5 each leg)
10 Squats

Ab Workout:
Jillian Michael's Ab DVD (Level One)

No comments:

Post a Comment