Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday May 22nd

"Get comfortable being uncomfortable."
 
The plan for today was to take Isabel to school and then go to my parents house to do my workout for the day. I decided to do my workout there because it's closer to Isabel's school and I don't see the point in driving home for that short amount of time. Yes, I choose to not drive the extra 7 miles home because it saves me time and gas.
 
So, I dropped Isabel off at school at 9am and headed straight to my parents house. They weren't home, which was perfect because I do not need an audience while I'm doing a workout video.. I went for a 2.16 mile walk (including uphill!) and then started Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown. 
 
I have a new found respect for those who practice yoga. It was hard! I will say that this is the first time I have ever attempted yoga and I believe that, with it being Jillian and all, it was more difficult than a slower/calmer yoga DVD. But I learned that 1. I can try something new without the need to feel nervous and 2. I have very little balance.
 
I really enjoyed the workout though, and I think that it will definitely be a weekly workout from now on. I am looking forward to improving my balance and I think that there will come a point in time when I find a yoga studio to take a real class from. That will be when I have a lot more balance and when I stop huffing and puffing during a workout.
 
 
Jillian is much calmer in this workout DVD and easier to tolerate. I completed the full 30 days of 30 Day Shred and I will admit that I cursed out the TV in her direction on more than one occasion. I'm sure if I did this DVD for 30 days in a row I might do the same though...
 
My food journal today was not bad, but not good. We went out to eat for dinner and I splurged a little. I did not eat the tortillas with my fajitas and I didn't eat all of the guacamole and sour cream, so in that way I think it was okay. The chips and salsa, not so great.
 

 
I am so incredibly proud of myself for so many reasons. I have stuck with every workout that I have had planned. I have been eating smaller portions and healthier foods. I've stayed away from fast food and regular soda. I've stayed off of the scale except for weigh in day. And I've been staying positive, especially when it comes to myself.
 
I can honestly say that I have been enjoying the process and I do not have unrealistic ideas of how this is going to happen. I am not on a time frame and therefore know that no matter what happens week to week I am making this change for the long run and that the end result will happen in due time. I am definitely earning these results and not just expecting them to happen because I wish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment