Friday, May 17, 2013

Motivation Wall

I have been wanting to make a motivational wall/board for a while, but without the use of my dominate hand this task has been put on the back burner for some time now. I want to get creative, to make it a calming and beautiful place where I can go to when I need something that I can't get on my own. I want it to be in a place where I will see it daily and take from it what I need.

I've done motivational boards before, usually for school, and usually using magazines and cutting out pictures and quotes that meant something to me at the time. I didn't really think about doing a board for running and my weight loss until looking at the health and fitness board on pinterest and finding the following (among others) examples of motivation walls.



 
There are certain aspects to each of these examples that I like. I've also found other motivational quotes on pinterest that I plan on writing down on scrapbook paper and adding to my own personal wall. These include quotes on running, positivity and weigh loss.
 
My plan is to make this wall before I start running again to keep my motivation level where it is now. The last thing I need is to lose this motivation as soon as I am able to enjoy it fully. I hope that in doing this board I will be able to look at it daily to build myself up if needed. It will be a daily reminder of all of the things I have accomplished and a reminder of all the goals I am working towards.
 
It will also be a visual way to track my weight loss/fitness improvements. I am hoping that my weight loss goals can be just that- goals. I have a tendency to become obsessed with losing weight. And I have a tendency to define my self worth with the number that is on the scale weekly (sometimes daily). I don't want to get that way this time around.
 
I want to do this the healthy way, not the all or nothing way I usually try to do. I want to understand and enjoy the process. I want to appreciate my body now (at my heighest adult post pregnancy weight) and when I reach my goal weight no matter what that number might be. I want to feel strong. I want to be a good role model to my daughter so that she may have a chance at not growing up with negative body images. I want to watch my body change and improve with healthy eating and exercise.

 
I may need to write this on my own scale, read it often and believe it.
 
I do plan on sharing both my running journey and my weight loss journey here so that I have a place to look back and see where I started and what it took to acheive everything I want. These journey's are starting soon and I am going to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment