Saturday, August 31, 2013

September Challenge

Since I am no longer concerning myself with the miles for now I have decided to try to accomplish some of my challenges that I set up for myself. I would really like to start crossing some of them off of the list and think that September is the perfect time to start this up again.

I do plan on trying to reach the 1250 run/walk miles next year since I have so many races lined up and I will be training for the Dopey Challenge, so it should be the best year to attempt this goal. The bike and the elliptical mile goals are both goals that can be put off and saved for another time when I am able to put more focus on them.

I do plan on sticking to my original order and performing them monthly if possible. I am hoping to come back to this list in a year and have them all crossed off, which may mean doing more than one challenge a month:
Squats
Donkeys
Crunches
Shoulder Press
Jumping Jacks
Side Crunches
Butt Burner
Roll Ups
Jump Rope
Tricep Dips
Sit Ups
Push Ups

I am really enjoying the workout routine that I created last week. So far doing it three days a week seems to be effective and maybe once my body gets used to it I can bump it up to 4-5 days a week. I am definitely still feeling sore from it and I love that feeling.

In order to not get too bored with a routine (which I know is possible after doing 30 Day Shred and doing the same workout every day for 10 days before switching it up) I plan on switching up my workouts weekly, keeping about four routines so I will go through each one once a month.

I found the following on pinterest and I think it might be incorporated as one of the more intense weeks of each month (meaning a low distance running week) since I will be strength training every weekday.





No comments:

Post a Comment