Sunday, August 25, 2013

Workout Plan

I wasn't planning on having a set workout schedule for next week, and in all honesty I'm not sure if I will stick with this, but I had an idea and I'd like to test it out.

I do not plan on doing this every day and I'm not even sure if this will do anything in regards to changes in my body, but it is a lot more strength training than I was doing. In fact, I wasn't doing any strength training before, focusing all on cardio. Since I'm not going to concern myself with the bike and elliptical miles for now (instead I will use them as cross training so I can focus more on running).

I'm still not quite ready to use the weight machines at the gym, at least not when I'm there by myself at first. I am a Jillian Michael's fan and would love to do her DVDs daily because I know the changes that they can make. Unfortunately doing the DVDs at 5am are just not realistic when you live on the second floor of an apartment building. Add on that the fact that our downstairs neighbors are expecting twins soon I would prefer to not get in the habit of doing the DVDs when I get home from work out of respect of having not one, but two new babies and not knowing their schedule.

So tonight I sat down with my phone and both 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30. I watched them and typed out a workout that I could do at the gym. The current plan is to do a 30 minute cardio warm up and then the workout that I have typed out. In a week or two I will watch level two of both DVDs and adjust the workout to make it more difficult so that my body will keep guessing.

I'm going to try it tomorrow and see how I feel. With Patrick's schedule I will be able to make it to the gym every morning except Wednesday, which would be more than enough for the first week, in addition to 3 or more days of running.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday- bike
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday- elliptical

Arm crosses- 30 seconds
Arm circles- 30 seconds
Jumping jacks- 25
Open feet hip width apart, hands to the sky, bend over, squat, arms up, stand- 10
Squat/knee grab- 10 each side
Push ups- 10
Squat and press- 10
Lunge/arm kickbacks- 10 each side
Skaters- 20
30 second plank
Dead weight, chest row- 10
Squat/kettle bell swing- 10
Bosu ball squats- 10
Side hip raises- 10 each side
Chair reverse flies- 10
Touch toes, walk it out, plank, push up, walk it back, touch toes, stand- 5
Side lunges with front raise- 5 each side
Lunge with bicep curl- 10 each side
Crunches- 20
Reverse crunches- 20
Push ups- 10
Squat and press- 10
Jumping jacks- 25
Crunches- 20
Reverse crunches- 20
Bosu ball squats- 10
Squat dumb bell row- 10
Static lunge with bicep curl- 10 each side
Punches- 30 seconds
Side crunch- 20 each side
Bicycle crunch- 10 each side

Stretch

I feel a little strange doing a workout that doesn't use any machines and just taking 5 pound weights to use at my leisure for approximately 20 minutes, but I guess that would be the best place to go to do a workout, right? I'm thinking about it too much when I just need to enjoy my workout and get my sweat on.

No comments:

Post a Comment