Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Running Recap

While I was out for my run this evening I realized that I didn't post over the weekend about the runs that I did do this week because I was too focused on the one that I had scheduled that I didn't do.

I had a 4 mile run scheduled for this weekend, but I gave myself the weekend off. I didn't do much working out due to time, prior engagements and pure exhaustion. I gave myself a break and it was wonderful. After being so consistent with my scheduled runs and gym time it was a little strange doing barely anything, but it helped me to recharge my batteries and I am back at it this week.

My first run last week was scheduled for Monday. I had the day off since it was Isabel's first day of kindergarten and I had an appointment to drop off my car for maintenance. My dad has walked from the dealership to my parent's house many times so I knew it was a good course and I would be able to kill two birds with one stone.

I unfortunately didn't account for the construction on the main street that I needed to run down and the lack of sidewalk for a portion of the route, but it ended up working out well and even though most of it was uphill I maintained a pretty good time.

Total time: 1:04:32
Total distance: 5.07mi
Mile 1- 12:24
Mile 2- 13:23
Mile 3- 12:40
Mile 4- 12:42
Mile 5- 12:34
Mile 0.7- 0:47
Avg MPH: 4.7mph
Max MPH: 6.9mph

The only other run I went on this past week was at my parents house on Thursday. I did my normal course and then Isabel asked to join me so I took her for an extra mile. It felt great and she just wanted to keep going. I would be lying if I said it's crossed my mind a time or two that at some point (when she's older) I would love to run races together.

Total time: 48:03
Total distance: 3.49mi
Mile 1- 12:29
Mile 2- 12.19
Mile 3- 15:56
Mile 0.49- 7:17
Avg MPH: 4.4mph
Max MPH: 6.9mph

At least I know I'm not pushing her to go too fast.

As long as she continues to show interest in running with me then I will continue to add on a half mile to a mile extra to my weekday runs so that she can go with me and as soon as I can find a near by 1 mile fun run then she will be participating as she has shown interest in doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment