Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

Thankful Thursday:

Five things I am thankful for about myself
1. I am thankful that I am able to wake up early and go to the gym. I very easily could have made excuses to not go and to stay in bed for an extra hour, but I went the mornings that I could and I feel better for it.
2. I am thankful that I am able to do Jillian Michaels DVDs. I may curse my way through that 40 minute DVD and I may have to take 5-10 second breaks every once in a while, but I am capable of doing the workout.
3. I am thankful that I have set goals for myself that are fitness related so that I can stop putting so much focus on weight related goals. I feel I have more control over fitness goals.
4. I am thankful that I have found workouts that I enjoy doing. There is no point in doing a workout that you hate. I know that I am uncoordinated and would not enjoy Zumba (for those who enjoy it, I'm not knocking it, just isn't my thing). I don't try Zumba because I wouldn't enjoy it. I love running and I love the stationary bike. I know cardio alone won't change my body much, but I at least can get in a good workout doing these.
5. I am thankful that I have a system for tracking my mileage for running/walking, biking and the elliptical. I love that it is all together in one notebook and small enough to fit in my purse. It feeds into my OCD with the numbers and by writing it all out, but it's what works best for me.
Five things I am thankful for in life

1. I am thankful that I am able to afford a gym membership. Granted the gym that I go to is not very expensive, but it works for me. Other than the personal trainer incident, I have found that this gym is perfect for me. There are a variety of people and a variety of body types. I don't feel out of place like I have in other gyms. I just feel like I'm surrounded by people who are there to better themselves. It's a clean place with a lot of variety of equipment. I've never had to wait for a machine and I recently used the locker room for the first time and I am impressed.
2.  I am thankful that Patrick and I are in agreement with our finances. We have finally decided to combine everything to make it easier on both of us. Although he makes more and will therefore be contributing more, it will cause less stress in my life just as long as I don't think too much about what's "fair". What's fair is that he does make more and should be contributing more. Plus we are both putting money into a variety of savings accounts and this will make it easier to do so, so that I am not putting money in and waiting for a check from him. I am also the type of person to balance a checkbook and pay bills ASAP, whereas he has never balanced a checkbook in the 4 and a half years we have been together and he usually waits (for whatever reason) to pay the bills. They're never late, but it still causes me anxiety. Now I will be in charge of finances and that suits me just fine.
3. I am thankful that I have a husband who loves me no matter what weight I am. I may not always love (or even like) my body, but he has never thought differently of me because of my body shape, size or weight. He is always supportive of my weight loss efforts and always there to encourage me when I'm having a difficult day. It makes it easier to share my successes and my difficulties with him because I know he's not judging me.
4. I am thankful that I get along with my in-laws. Not a lot of people can say that they enjoy being around their in-laws, but I am one of the lucky ones. It is part of the reason that I knew I wanted to be with Patrick for the rest of my life. He has so many great qualities, but his relationship with his parents was important to me. It's never been awkward or uncomfortable and I appreciate that so much.
5. I am thankful that I have a job that I enjoy doing. I have been with this company for almost three years and would have stayed in the lowest position for another 5 if I hadn't been given the opportunity to move up. I am currently learning my new role and although it is challenging on a daily basis, I am really enjoying it and feel like I contribute more to the company. I know that my other role was important, but I feel much more hands on now instead of entry level work.

Throwback Thursday:
I think it's going to take me a little while to get used to posting pictures of myself from the past. I feel a little weird doing it, but there are not a lot of pictures of myself from the past five years and that's kind of something I regret. So I'm going to put them out there from all phases of the past few years. From my highest weight when I was nine months pregnant and the yo yo weights from then to now. I don't know how many pictures I actually have, but I think it will be good to come to terms with my past in order to accept who I am now.

It's been one hell of a journey and I am ready to see myself, maybe the way others saw me. Again, I don't know how many pictures there are of me since I'm usually the one behind the camera. I'm going to do my best to pick pictures that show my body since this is a weight loss/fitness blog (or at least it's supposed to be).

My photo CDs are in no particular order (an ongoing organizing task I have yet to find time or money to do). Since they are not in any order, the photo's I post weekly will also not be in any particular order. I will do my best to include a year, but most pictures will be from March 2008-present as that is when I started saving my pictures onto discs.

February 2010
We were in Vegas for Super Bowl and the top picture is from the night Patrick and I were able to go out while my parents watched the kids. I don't think we did anything too crazy, probably just had a drink and gambled a little, but I remember feeling good about my body when he took this picture.

The bottom picture is from dinner the first night we were in Vegas at Outback. I just like this picture of the two of us. Especially his smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment