Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Looking Good, Feeling Great!

Yesterday started day one week two of my training and what a start to the week!

Patrick and I both had to be at work early, so my run and the gym were both scheduled for the evening. I got in my two walks on my breaks at work and was ready to go for my run after work and before Isabel's swim lesson.

The nice thing about running before her swim lesson is that it's in a new area from my normal running courses so it makes things exciting. Yesterday's run was a little more difficult due to the warmer weather and the course I picked which included hills ("I love hills, I love hills, I love hills..."). My goal was to go for at least 30 minutes and for a minimum distance of 2.5 miles. I ended up making it just slightly over 3 miles in 38 minutes. My mile times are staying pretty consistent and under 12:30 minute miles which is pretty good for me, and although I would like to eventually get faster I am happy with this time considering a couple months ago I could barely break the 14 minute mile.

After swim I went straight to the gym for my hour scheduled workout. I decided instead of setting specific times for the elliptical and bike I would just go and see how I feel. Since I'm working on distance I feel like I may need to spend more time on the elliptical in order to reach my weekly and monthly goals whereas I can hit my bike goals pretty quickly.

I felt like my workout was great and I was wiping off sweat from my face and arms pretty much every couple minutes or so. I know that I looked like crap and I was damn proud of that.


I left feeling like I had worked hard and earned the calories I burned in that hour and ten minutes (833 to be exact). I left smiling because I know that I am making some progress on my training and it feels great to see that improvement.
At this point in time I am happy to say that I am learning to be patient with the results. It's a day to day struggle for me. I can look in the mirror one day and hate the way my body looks and wonder why I'm not seeing a difference yet and then I can be sitting here typing about a workout and know that I've only been doing this for a week and that it takes time to see results.

I know that if I stick with it then I will see my body change. Not just on the outside, but I know that my endurance will improve and that I will be capable of doing anything. It gives me more hope to track this progress more so than it does to track my weight. I'm contemplating making a huge change in that department soon and will be updating in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment