Sunday, August 25, 2013

Weekend Recap

This past week has been an interesting one in regards to working out. In fact, besides a run on Monday and a run on Thursday, working out this week has been non-existent.

I feel weird about not going to the gym. It was part of my routine and then it just stopped, which worries me with what will happen when I try to get back into it tomorrow. I can only assume I will be tired and not as excited about it right away. My miles are also behind for the bike and elliptical. That is kind of frustrating but it's no ones fault but my own. I just don't like trying to play catch up and always feel behind. Which makes me want to restart this whole thing in January to make it easier to track.

I don't feel guilty though. I really don't. I mean, it sucks that I did next to nothing, but at the same time I have a good reason.

My family.

They are my number one priority and I will always ALWAYS choose them over anyone and anything else. This was the first week of school for Isabel and since Patrick had to open every day except Friday I was able to take her to school. Of course that meant that I couldn't get up before work and go to the gym because I was up with Isabel getting her ready. And of course going in late to work means going home late as well. It just was not worth it to me to get home at 6pm and go to the gym for an hour, leaving a half hour to spend time with my daughter before she goes to bed.

I would much rather spend that time with her than at the gym. It doesn't matter that my mile goals for the bike and elliptical will be put on hold and it doesn't matter that my workout efforts were close to zero. I spent time with my daughter and it was so worth it.

Thankfully Patrick's schedule is a little easier for me to get in some workouts next week. Unfortunately it means that I won't see him as often as I would like. I will be able to make it to the gym every morning before work except for Wednesday. Now I just need to retrain my body to get up at 4:30am.

This weekend wasn't a complete bust though. I did clean the entire apartment Saturday while Patrick was at work. I deep cleaned the kitchen and got through every single room. Picked up, dusted and vacuumed. There were some things I wish I would have been able to get to (some redecorating) but that wasn't necessary and by the time he got home he was pleasantly surprised with how the apartment looked. We both feel so much better when we have a clean apartment, but unfortunately it doesn't stay that way for very long. Not with a 5 year old tornado.

Today was swap meet day in the valley and my mom, niece, Isabel and I got up early in order to go. I have never left this particular swap meet empty handed and for a $2 entry fee it is totally worth it. I usually don't go with a specific item in mind to look for, which makes it more exciting when you can find something you want. I tend to find something, think of a top price I would pay for it and then either ask or look at the price. If it's higher I walk away (or haggle depending on how close it is to that price) and if it's that price or under I buy it.

Today I found two items that I wanted for my patio. I am quickly losing room to put plants out there (I blame Patrick's barbecue), but having plants out there makes me feel more relaxed and it's nice to have a cup of coffee out there in the morning or a glass of wine and a good book in the evenings. I cannot wait until I have a backyard with more room to decorate.

Isabel and I spent a little time out on the patio after I placed my new items out there. She blew bubbles and I finally took some pictures of Patrick's jalapeno and bell peppers. He bought the plants when they were about an eighth of the size for $1 at the farmer's market. They are incredible and he definitely has the green thumb in this family. I am able to keep my succulents alive, but that's not saying much...

I am hoping to get back into working out next week, but without the need to get in a certain amount of miles I may branch out and start using the weight machines more. I am ready to get back to eating right and exercising in order to tone up and slim down. We shall see what happens. No pressure means that it should be more enjoyable.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment