Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

Thankful Thursday:

Five things I am thankful for about myself

1. I am thankful that my body is willing to wake up at 4:30am in order to get to the gym at 5am. I never thought that I would be a morning person, but I have grown to absolutely love when I get in a morning workout because it usually means that when I get home from work then I am done for the day (unless I have a run scheduled).
2. I am thankful that my calf muscles are forming. I have always wanted to have runners calves and have found myself staring at other runners legs when at races. I dreamed of one day building up my muscles to look that good. They are starting to get there and I know that if I continue to put in the work then I will be there before I know it.
3. I am thankful that I have found a way to enjoy running. I used to think that there was something wrong with me because I didn't enjoy to run and because I couldn't do it for long periods of time. Then I discovered Jeff Galloway and intervals and I now know that I can run and that I love it. I really think that one of the best fitness related feelings is finding something you're passionate for.
4. I am thankful that I am debt free and able to sign up for races without guilt. Some of the races that I have interest in running are priced higher than others, however I am able to save for those and enjoy the experience. There has not been one running related purchase that I have felt guilty for and I am so grateful for that.
5. I am thankful that I am taking the necessary steps to become a more positive person to myself. I am eating healthy without being too restrictive, I am working out without being too strict and I am trying to keep myself from talking about myself negatively. It feels good to be taking positive steps in the right direction knowing that I won't be going backwards on Saturday at weigh in.

Five things I am thankful for in life

1. I am thankful that I am in charge of our finances. I trust Patrick 100%, but having that control makes me feel better. I know that we are on such a good path right now and although we both wish we could get there faster, I know that we are doing it the right way and we will soon be looking for our forever home.
2. I am thankful that I am beginning to cut out the negative things in my life that cause me stress. It's a difficult process since some of these things have become habits and it's difficult to walk away from, but I know that in the end I will be better for it.
3. I am thankful that Patrick and I are actively talking about our family and the addition of a little one. We will be waiting for approximately two years until we have a house and after two particular races that I would like to finish first, but just talking about it and knowing that we will be trying in the somewhat near future is something that brings me joy. Patrick is such an amazing father and I cannot wait to see him with our baby.
4. I am thankful that Patrick's cousin called us on Saturday to stop by. She was on her way to the airport to pick up her daughters and had some time to spare. It was unexpected and thankfully I was given enough of a warning to be able to pick up the apartment. It gave me a reality check that the apartment should always be cleaned (or at the very least picked up) so that visitors don't cause so much anxiety.
5. I am thankful that my little girl is starting Kindergarten on Monday. She is going to absolutely love school and I am hoping that the structure will help us all get into a better routine. She is so smart and I know that being in school is just going to provide even more possibilities for her.

Throwback Thursday:
I think it's going to take me a little while to get used to posting pictures of myself from the past. I feel a little weird doing it, but there are not a lot of pictures of myself from the past five years and that's kind of something I regret. So I'm going to put them out there from all phases of the past few years. From my highest weight when I was nine months pregnant and the yo yo weights from then to now. I don't know how many pictures I actually have, but I think it will be good to come to terms with my past in order to accept who I am now.

It's been one hell of a journey and I am ready to see myself, maybe the way others saw me. Again, I don't know how many pictures there are of me since I'm usually the one behind the camera. I'm going to do my best to pick pictures that show my body since this is a weight loss/fitness blog (or at least it's supposed to be).

My photo CDs are in no particular order (an ongoing organizing task I have yet to find time or money to do). Since they are not in any order, the photo's I post weekly will also not be in any particular order. I will do my best to include a year, but most pictures will be from March 2008-present as that is when I started saving my pictures onto discs.

June 29, 2010- Camping with Patrick's extended family (aunt, uncle, cousins, nieces, etc).

There are very few pictures of me from our first camping trip together. There are tons of pictures, but I would say I'm in about 10, if that. The ones that I am in are either really close up (face only) or really far away like these two.

I refused to wear the two piece bathing suit I brought with me because I was extremely self conscious of being judged by his family. I now know that that thought is ridiculous because I was being judged already on so many other levels. It didn't help that one of the girls there wore nothing but a bikini for four days and had a perfect body.

Looking back I wish I would have realized that it's about confidence, not a perfect body.

Regardless of what I wore, I did have fun and I did make a good impression on his family. I also had a lot of new experiences with Patrick (like the one below) and I really think it was a turning point for me and his children that weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment