Monday, August 19, 2013

My Little Girl

Isn't so little anymore...

She's going to her first day of Kindergarten today and I just cannot believe it. Yes, I have spent the weekend looking at baby pictures, and shedding a tear or two over the fact that she's starting elementary school. But I know that this is what is necessary. Kids, they grow up...







I have decided to start journaling for Isabel. I am starting the first day of kindergarten with 15 questions that I will ask her on the first day of school now until her Senior year of high school. I'm not committing to journaling daily, but as often as I can about things she's learning as well as cute things she says. I plan on giving them to her for graduation.

I also have been putting her artwork and other miscellaneous items in a 3 ring binder with sheet protectors so that she can have that as well, but that's not really a secret and is out for her to look at whenever she wants.

I am doing this for her and for me. I have a lot of feelings about her going to school and I think that journaling about it will definitely help.

They grow up way too fast...

She keeps asking me if I'm going to cry when I drop her off at school. I keep telling her no, but I'm not sure who I'm trying to convince. I never thought I'd be that mom that can't let go. I've just been fighting for so long to keep her with me and to protect her and now I'm sending her off and I can't be there. I am in no way a helicopter parent (at least not in my opinion), but after watching her graduate (and losing it then) and now sending her off to elementary school I am feeling a lot of feelings.

She's so excited though, and I know that she is going to have so much fun. I can't wait to pick her up today and hear about how great her first day was!



No comments:

Post a Comment